The widow Mrs. Palmer

Kaya stands by the table while Mrs. Palmer stares off into the distance. Kaya coughs to get her attention. Ms. Palmer turns her head quickly and looks at Kaya puzzled.
Ms. Palmer: may I help you?

Kaya: Hopefully, you can, are you Mrs. Palmer, Laura Palmers mother?

Palmers faces goes to a somber and whimpers in sadness. She whispters to herself. 'Oh Laura' Emotions come back a bit she sniffs and brings herself back to together.

Ms. Palmer: Yes, Why?

Kaya: Um well... *Kaya has decided to come up with an reasonable lie.*

Kaya: I'm doing a project for school.

Ms. Palmer: It's summer.

Kaya: Well it's prerecquiste, extra credit thing, see I'm new here.

Kaya extends her hand. Palmer shakes it.

Kaya: I'm kaya by the way, I'm Ben Hornes grandaughter, I just moved here a couple of weeks ago.

Ms.Palmer: Oh yeah where'd you move to?

Kaya: Uh Maple aveune 26

Ms. Palmer: 9...

Kaya: Yeah how'd you know?

Ms.Palmer: That's where I used to live with Leland and Laura.

Kaya: Oh, is Leland your husband?

Ms. Palmer: Was, widow now.

Kaya: I'm sorry.

Ms. Palmer: I have good days i have better days, but anyways what do you want with Laura?

Kaya: Well I was hoping you could tell me about some of the stuff you know surrounding her death. You see, I keep having these...well I mean-

Mrs. Palmer: You had a dream about her didnt you?

Kaya: Yeah how'd you know?

Ms. Palmer: In that house, shes attached to it, or maybe trapped i couldn't tell. oh my poor baby

She stars to well up in tears.

Ms palmer: It's why I sold the house, because that man. The ugly grey haired main kept coming in.

Kaya: Grey haired man?

Ms. Palmer: No one, whatever you do if you see a scrary grey haired man in your dreams or even in an vision you just- you know what?

Kaya: What?

Miss Palmer grabs napkin and write her number on it.

Ms. Palmer: This is my number, call it tonight and I'll help you with your report. I just can't right now.

Miss Palmer gets up quickly from her booth leaving Kaya, full of unanswered questions.