4 - the first session

"let's do it, okay, let's go," he mumbled and after he deemed the spot to be disinfected enough he got something that looked like a regular ink machine.

"put your arm on the armrest here and try not to move. the first touch will hurt the most, you will get a bit number then."

taehyung wasn't looking at him, but still waited for jeongguk to collect himself and only after he said that he was ready did taehyung start.

the first contact really was painful. jeongguk swallowed down a shout and tried not to squirm or pull his arm away when the machine started to work on his skin. but already after a few seconds taehyung stopped, one hand covering his own face and he took a few deep breaths.

"are you oka-"

"i'm fine, it's okay. just didn't know what to expect. i can deal with it."

and with that taehyung continued and this time he didn't stop, but jeongguk noticed the sweat that started glistening on his forehead and the sighs and deep breaths he took in between, but tried to hide.

this is what jeongguk wanted and taehyung said it was fine. his own soulmate said it's fine, he basically got permission to do this.

he shouldn't feel bad, shouldn't feel guilty when he watched taehyung work in front of him. shouldn't look at his features so closely, shouldn't notice the little moles he had or how long his eye lashes were. shouldn't notice his smell, wondering if it was cologne or something else and he most definitely shouldn't want to hear taehyung's voice again.

their first session was over after two hours and his tattoo didn't look that much different.

taehyung had hardly talked and it had been painful and by the end jeongguk could clearly see that the other man was trying to catch his breath.

"see you next week. make an appointment with my coworker in the front."

and with that taehyung left the room, without saying another goodbye, cleaning up or even taking off his gloves. jeongguk didn't feel bad, he shouldn't. this is what he had always wanted.