20 - the revival

jeongguk didn't know how, but he was determined.

he started to spend time with taehyung every day. at first only at his apartment, talking, watching movies.

in the beginning, taehyung didn't do much, but eventually he grew more and more comfortable around jeongguk.

jeongguk brought him food every time and they ate it together even though taehyung couldn't get down too much, probably because his stomach wasn't used to it anymore.

after two weeks they left the apartment for the first time to go and dye his hair.

taehyung dyed it a rich brown and it looked good, made him look more alive already.

they didn't manage to walk too much because taehyung became tired fast, so instead jeongguk brought him to work and let him watch and it was the first time he saw him truly smile again.

"jeongguk, you dance so so well."

that day was the first night jeongguk stayed over because taehyung started to cry hysterically when jeongguk got ready to go.

"don't leave me, please don't disappear."

"i won't, i'm not. i'm here look."

jeongguk took the other man's hand and pressed it over his heart to he could feel its beat. he had noticed that it calmed down taehyung the best.

so jeongguk stayed for the first time and taehyung was curled up in his arms with his ear pressed to his chest until morning came and taehyung woke up next to him with a small smile.

after two months taehyung felt a lot better. his skin looked clearer and healthier, he gained some weight and did not need to be reminded to eat anymore and he also started to go out and talk more.

"i need my job back. i want to work again," he said one evening.

by now it was pretty usual for jeongguk to stay over and even jimin had been there to spent time with yoongi and the four of them had eaten dinner together earlier. his relationship with yoongi improved greatly ever since that one day.

at first the older male hadn't trusted jeongguk and had still been quite hostile sometimes, but ever since taehyung's visible improvement, they started to get along again and one morning, when taehyung was still in the shower and jeongguk was making coffee yoongi had come up to him and thanked him.

"for bringing him back."