11 - the party

it felt different. weird.

there wasn't really any pain, but jeongguk had to get used to it.

he kept repeating the image of taehyung stumbling away from him in his head, out of the room and he hadn't seen his face but he somehow knew there had been tears.

but this is what he had wanted. he was free. he just didn't know what to do with this freedom. it was almost ironic how he saw all these couples and soulmates around him now.

there was his roommate and coworker jimin who had found his soulmate yoongi years ago.

there were his students that talked about it or even came together.

how couples or sometimes more than two people passed him on the street and jeongguk couldn't see their tattoos, but he somehow knew they all were bonded together. he just knew it.

jeongguk didn't think he would meet taehyung again. or at least not that soon and it really took three months when he ran into him by accident.

jimin had invited him to a party, saying they would meet up with his mate yoongi and his roommate there.

when they entered the house, people were already drunk and dancing to the loud bass that vibrated through the building and usually jeongguk enjoyed this scene, but tonight he had rather felt like staying home instead.

jimin immediately took yoongi's hand and the two of them shared a moment, a look, before turning to jeongguk and then going to the kitchen together.

"hyung, where is tae? i thought you were coming with him?"

tae, jeongguk assumed, was yoongi's roommate. he actually hadn't met him yet even though he knew yoongi pretty well by now.

the older male just sighed and drowned the last of his beer before speaking.

"he is here somewhere. but... yeah i told you how he is right now. i should probably look for him soon. god knows what he is doing now."

jeongguk couldn't make sense of it and none of them explained so it was probably not his business.

the group soon met some of their other mutual friend and after a while jeongguk excused himself to get some fresh air and walked through the house to find some way out. he soon found the backdoor that led to the garden and it was just as crowded outside, with people sitting in circles and smoke fogging up the air, filling it with the prominent scent of weed.

the dancer pushed through, trying to get away some more when he froze as his eyes found a familiar face.