I Miss You

I made it home and just collapsed on the couch, I was really exhausted and  Ended up falling asleep.

Two hours later I woke up to the sound of the TV. Elijah was laughing. I don't think I've ever heard him laugh, I mean I have but this was different, he was relaxed and normal. Not a tool like always.

"You're gonna put holes in my face if you keep staring."

"I wasn't staring, I was just thinking how normal you look."

"I'm always normal."

"I'm so hungry." I said while getting up then headed to the kitchen.

"Same." He followed suit.

"Where's my dad and your mom?"

"They're out, and are coming later." He replied.

"Okay then, pasta for two." I said.

"You're gonna cook for me too?" He asked a bit surprised.

"Yeah, it would be rude to cook for me only." I told him while grabbing the ingredients.

He just looked at me and then said "thanks for Math today, that's the one subject I suck."

"No problem."

"So will you tutor me in Math." I turned around to face him.

"Thought you understood with my steps."

"I did, but you realize I suck at everything related to Math." He sighed.

"Fine, since we're grounded, we can work on your Math and that history project. You know, it's weird you being this normal." I answered.

"I will only pull pranks on you, if you give me a reason." He smirked.

"Tool." I rolled my eyes.

"Loser." He bumped lightly his shoulder on mine.

"Alright, now we wait."

"How about a little salsa." He comment.

"That comes after." I said as he laughed.

"No princess, salsa as in dance."

"You know how to salsa?" I asked surprised.

"Yes, dancing is fun, you can be free and let the music consume you." He told me while pulling me closer.

"Alright, but I suck at dancing."

"Follow my lead." He said with a smirk, not gonna lie, he looked hot.

He put on the music and we started to dance, around the kitchen. It was actually fun, I was actually having a nice time with him, well this is new. Guess being grounded wasn't bad. For the final step, he spins me around and then pulled me closer to him. We broke off from whatever it is that happened right now. After a while we just ended up laughing.

"See, you tried something new and didn't die."

"Yeah." I said as we stared into each others eyes.

Then after a few seconds he said he was gonna wait in the living room. I just turned around and finish cooking. What the hell just happened?

Dinner was quiet, we just ate and then he went to his room. Talk about awkward.

..........

A month flew by, and my friends were in a relationship, I was forever alone. Elijah was in a relationship with Mara.

I opened my locker to grab a few things when drama came to me.

"Listen bitch, Elijah is mine, you may live together but he's off limits." Mara told me with so much anger. Behind there stood Lana and Sasha.

"Aww, you two finally found a leader, were you lost without one?" I chuckled.

"At least we're not a loner like you." Sasha shot back.

"Is that all? I need to get back to my classes." I said before closing my locker.

"You've been warned." Lana said.

"Ohh, so scared." I laughed at them and then they left. Crazy bitches.

"Wanna make out a little." I turned to see Noel.

"I said no." I glared at him.

"I won't ask again." He grabbed my wrist hard.

"Let go!"

"No, you're gonna be mine forever." He pulled me closer to him. He dropped out of school. Said it wasn't for him.  He always grabs me when the halls were empty. He has been watching my every move.

"Please let go." Tears started to form.

The halls were empty, the one time I need it full.

"She said to let go!" I saw him throw a punch at him.

"Scram."

"You will pay for this." Noel warned him before leaving.

"I'm tired of this. I hate him. I hate this I hate everything." I let a loud scream. We all have our limit and I reached mine. I let everything out.

Elijah, dragged me away from school grounds and got inside of my car. He drove us back home. Dad and cat weren't there.

"I can't anymore. He keeps stalking me. I feel so suffocated." I broke down. He sat next to me and gave me a side hug.

I laid my head on his chest. Not sure what was happening. But I felt safe in his arms. After a few minutes, I told him I wanted to go to this special place. He drove me there and waited in the car.

"I miss you." I started to cry. "Why did you have to go, you promised me together forever."

"I miss her too." I look up to see dad.

Today was a tough one, it was mom's birthday and the day she died.

"Years may pass but I miss her so much, it still hurts." I started to cry, dad pulled me into a hug.

"How did you know I was gonna be here?"

"Elijah called me. He said you might need me."

We stayed there for a while, talking and laughing at the memories of us three. Eventually we returned to school and dad to his work.

"You okay?" Aaron asked me.

"I will be soon." I rested my head on his shoulder. He just hugged me.

Aaron knew what this day meant, I haven't even told my friends.

"Are we missing something?" Tyler asked. I couldn't formed the words, so I let Aaron do the talking.

"Sorry for your loss." Jojo said.

"We're here for you." Bri smiled.

"Thanks." I said to to all of them.

Times like these I"m glad I have amazing friends like them.