Chapter 4:The new girl

As Trevor walked out of the small meeting room he pulled out his phone and checked the time it was  two thirty so he quickly went over to his office and when he opened the door he realized that Layla was not there.

'What the hell." he said under his breath as he started looking around his office to see if she possibly changed back into a doll again or something. As he was under his desk looking for Layal one of his a guy in a grey sweater and khakis walked by the door. Did you drop something the man asked.

Trevor quickly got up realizing that he was making a fool of himself. He quickly jumped up  stood to his feet and turned to the man.

"I dropped something I'm just looking for it,"

Trevor said as the man nodded his head and then walked back to the busy offices filled with ringing phones and clicking keyboards. After seeing that Layla didn't turn back into a doll he quickly started looking all over the office for her.

When he seen her in the break room talking to Mr. wilkes the head of the company who ran the meeting. He had on a black suit, brown hair he was in his forties but he looked like he was Trevor's age.

They were standing by the coffee machine holding white coffee cups and had smiles on their faces. Trevor was actually surprised how good Layla was holding herself up.

He swifted quickly over to them.

"Hey Mr. Wilkes good meeting," Trevor said.

"Thanks," Mr. Wilkes said taking another sip of his coffee.

'Hey Trevor," Layla said in her sweet voice.

Before Trevor could respond Mr. Wilkes interrupted him.

'Who is this lovely lady here," he said gesturing at Layla.

Trevor got nervous not knowing what to say which was new for him.

"She's my new Intern Trevor said coming up with something quick to say.

Mr. Wilkos smiled.

"Well that's great he said she is full of good ideas to improve the company," he told Trevor.

Layla smiled.
Trevor looked at them both.

"Hey Layla I was looking for you because l i needed  to talk to you about something." he said to her.

"Ok, " she said as she followed Trevor back to his office
He walked in and closed the door and sat at his brown wooden desk.

"Have a seat, " Trevor said gesturing to the black chair in front of the desk.
She pulled out the chair and sat down Trevor looked at her.

He sat up in his chair and had his hands clasp together.

"I want to know more about.... Your situation." he said to Layla.

She crossed her legs and shifted in the chair.

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"I mean how did you.." he starts doing a motion with his hand hinting that Layla will tell him the one question he wanted to know.

"How did you turn into a human?"
he asked curious what her answer would be.

"I was dropped in front of your door, you took me in then while you were sleeping the room went dark for a minute then the lights came back on and here I am she explained."

While moving her hands the caffeine was clearly flowing in her system as she was talking to him.

Trevor sat in silence as he looked at her still trying to process how less than a day ago he was found a Barbie doll in front of his door. Now he's sitting at work looking at her in full human form.

"What about Kayla?" he asked

Layla's eyes met his.

'Can you help me find?" her she asked with a sad look on her face.

Trevor sighed he actually felt bad for Layla

'Do you know anything about Kayla or her family that we could use to find her?" he asked.

'She's not from here," Layla told him.

"Where is she from?" Trevor asked.

'Far away from here," Layla told him.

Trevor started rubbing his temple.

I obviously can't help this girl,but I don't know what to do with her, He sat back and thought to himself.