Hunters

In which the rapline is a crew of vampire hunters and the vocal line happens to fall into their definition of prey.

Hoseok and Namjoon both run into suspicious strangers asking about a werewolf poison. If it only it ended there.

Rated PG:

Jin is basically the maknaes mother.

Contains blood and gayness

Word count  ~19,000

"When are we heading out tonight?"

Hoseok looks up from his meal slightly surprised by Yoongi's sudden presence at his table in the tavern. The elder's hair is a messy tangle of black but he's wearing a baggy shirt that exposes his collarbones and makes his appearance tasteful. Hoseok is already dressed for hunting, meaning no loose material that might get in the way.

"Hello to you too, hyung," Hoseok says amused.

"Yea yea," Yoongi brushes him off. Hoseok smiles. He would never get tired of Yoongi.

"We're meeting at nightfall. West edge of the village," Hoseok says. He offers a spoonful of porridge in Yoongi's direction. Yoongi pauses before accepting the mouthful, but not without an eyeroll. "Namjoon will probably be early knowing him."

"I need to get more arrowheads," Yoongi explains. He takes a sip from Hoseok's drink. "Do you want me to get you anything?"

Hoseok thinks for a moment. "Don't think so. I stocked up last week."

"Then I'll see you tonight." Yoongi moves to get up and Hoseok sighs.

"We should see eat together. You know, when we aren't hunting."

A faint smiles comes across Yoongi's face. "I'm always hunting."

"Well stop it."

"I'm your hyung, you brat," Yoongi says with a slight laugh. He swats Hoseok lightly over the head before leaving the tavern as quickly as he came. Hoseok smiles like a fool in his direction.

Hoseok returns to his meal just as a newcomer slides into the chair Yoongi was occupying. The man, boy really, watches him cautiously. Hoseok doesn't recognize him, and he knows everyone in this village. That fact alone makes him cautious.

"I couldn't help but overhear," he begins, "but are you a hunter?"

Hoseok nods and leans back in his chair. This kid looks terrified no matter how much he tries to hide it. "It isn't polite to ease drop."

"I'm sorry. I'm just traveling trough this village and I can't help but be nervous during the night. There's a lot of talk of, you know, vampires around." The boy's voice is soft but it carries to Hoseok's ears clearly. The hunter notices the nervousness in the stranger in front of him. As the village's protector, he can't let anyone feel unsafe or spread rumors of dangers. He wonders what kind of things this boy has seen to make him so afraid.

"The village is under my and my associates protection," Hoseok explains. "We're out every night. There's no reason to feel unsafe."

"Do you- do you kill all the mon-monsters you find?"

"Yes," Hoseok answers. He partially wants to see the kids reaction, but he isn't granted one. The boy is just still. "The ones we find are usually preying on humans. We keep them safe by ending the monsters' lives."

"Are their many hunters in the village?" the kid asks. His nervousness seems to be easing, but he keeps asking questions. Now Hoseok's suspicious. There's more to this than the kid is laying out.