1

Work had sucked the last few days. I couldn't believe how long boss was making me stay. There was paperwork piled on my desk and folders all over the floor. I look over at the clock positioned on the corner of my desk. 10:27 p.m.

"Fuck." I mumble to myself. There was no way I was going to get everything done.

Suddenly, there was a knock at my door. "Come in." I say, holding back a yawn. My office door opens and I see my boss walk in. "You've been working hard, Kook, and I appreciate that, however, it's getting pretty late." He says, seating himself in one of the chairs I had in front of my desk. "Yeah, I know. But I need to get this done. It's all a week overdue and-" Before I can't continue, boss cuts me off.

"Go home, Kook. You need sleep. I know I made you stay a few hours later, but it's late. We're both tired." I sigh and nod to my boss. "Yes, sir. Of course. I'll be out in five." Boss nods and exits my room, leaving me to clean everything up. I sigh to myself before stacking all of the files on my desk and sorting the folders that had been scattered across the floor.

As I exit my room, I bump into someone. "Oh, sorry." I say as I turn to see the custodian behind me. "That's quite alright, Mr. Jungkook. Late night?" He responds. I chuckle. "You don't even know."

I had finally gotten out of that stupid building and into my car. I throw my keys into the ignition and lay back in my seat. "Week's almost over. Just two more days. You can do this." I say to myself. I rub my eyes and turn the car on, driving back to my place. It wasn't too far of a drive, thank god.

After passing the flashing lights and many buildings of my hometown, I finally arrived at home. I park my car and slam my door open, throwing my keys on the dining room table and plopping down on the couch.

As I begin to relax, something stops that. A loud crash coming from my kitchen sounds, causing me to jump. "What the hell..?" I whisper to myself. I slowly make my way to the kitchen, careful not to make any noise. I turn the light on and see nothing out of place except for a broken plate on the floor. I sigh to myself, thankful that it wasn't anything serious.

As I turn around, I'm met with a dark figure. I gasp loudly and trip over myself. I fall to the floor as the figure approaches me. As the light reaches the figure's face I can see that it's...the custodian from work? "Hello, Mr. Jungkook." He says with a satisfied smirk on his face. I begin to speak. "What-" I get cut off by a damp towelette being place over my mouth and nose. Before I can react, everything goes black.

-----------------

I wake up, unable to see anything. There had to have been a bag over my head. I tried screaming for help, but a cloth, tightly wrapped around my head and mouth, had muffled the desperate cries. From what I could tell, my hands we're bound back with some type of rope. What the hell is happening to me?

I hear a door open in front of me and heavy footsteps coming towards me. "Are you awake, my shining star?" I hear a familiar voice say. The custodian. It had to be him. "Oh I'm sorry. You can't speak, can you?" He says before chuckling. "Let me help you."

The bag on my head is removed, allowing me to see. I was right, it was the custodian. He reaches behind me, untying the cloth that silenced me. "What the hell is this? Why are you doing this? You're the damn janitor where I work!" I shout at him as I feel anger pierce through me. The custodian only chuckles. "You're adorable." He says.

"Well you're right about the janitor part." He begins. "But, you see, that simply isn't enough pay." My mind races as he spoke. What did he mean 'it wasn't enough pay'? What did he plan to do with me? My thoughts are interrupted by a loud bell sounding through my room. "It's your time to shine." The custodian says before untying the ropes that bound me. The first chance I took, I swung at him. Successfully. He took a hit right to the head. "Son of a bitch!" He yells at me. "Namjoon, get your ass in here and help me with this freak!"

The door to my room opens, revealing a tall figure with dark hair and a suit. He rushes in and restrains me until the custodian unties me. Soon, my hands are tied again, but with cuffs instead. "Take him out to the stage. He's the new recruit I've been telling everyone about." The custodian says. The man, supposedly named Namjoon, pushes me out of the room and begins walking me down a long hallway.

"Hey, buddy, listen. If you let me go, I'll give you all the money I have right now." I say. The man ignores me. "Come on, man. Please? I never did anything to you. Just let me go." He continues to ignore me. We walk further down the hallway, before Namjoon stops me in front of a long stretch that leads to a circular platform. Oh God, no.

Namjoon pushes me to the circular platform, causing me to fall. I tried standing up, but it was no use. There were giant glass windows all around me, but it was too dark to see anything else. Namjoon leaves me there as he walks back down the long stretch. Suddenly, bright lights snap on all around me and upbeat music plays as well.

"Everyone, please welcome our new auction prize. He's a little shy, so be sure to give him some self-confidence." The custodian's voice rings out over a speaker that boomed through the entire room. "The kid's name is Jeon Jungkook. Age 21. Personality is hard-working, so he won't disappoint. Let's start the bid at $10,000." Bid? Am I...being sold?

"I hear $10,000! $20,000! $40,000! $65,000!" What the hell is happening?! "$100,000! I don't believe it!" The custodian says enthusiastically. It goes silent for a moment, but soon enough, his voice rings out again. "I heard $500,000! Are there any higher bids?" The silence returns. "Going once, going twice..." No, no, no.

"Sold! $500,000 for Mr. Jeon Jungkook. Thank you all for attending this auction. Next week, there will be one on Wednesday at 11:30 p.m." The lights all turn off suddenly and the music stops. My entire body is shaking, and I can't stop it. Suddenly, Namjoon appears behind me and grabs me, picking me up and dragging me with him back down the hallway. "W-Where are you taking me?" I ask out of fear. Namjoon smirks. "You're going to meet your buyer."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wowie! New story! Hopefully you all enjoyed this chapter! Updates will be daily (hopefully) and school is finally out for the summer! Stay tuned! ~Emily