8

A few minutes passed and Yoongi had finally come back. I was sitting on the curb of the road, drenched in the rain. Yoongi quickly exited his car and looked at me, puzzled. "The hell are you doing?" He asks. I glance up at him, not saying a word, then look back down at the glistening road. A puddle had formed right under me. My reflection stared back at me. Some how, I didn't see myself. I saw someone else. Someone who wanted something. Someone who wanted something so bad, that they didn't do anything about it in fear of being broken.

Yoongi had been staring at me the whole time. I tried my best not to make eye contact, but it was no use. I looked up at him, using the rain to camouflage my tears. At the sight of me, he groans and rubs the side of his face in agony. "Come on, you're gonna catch a cold out here." He says as he approaches me. He opens the back door of his car and grabs a few plastic bags and walks to the front door. "Are you coming?" He asks.

I sit there, unable to say anything. All I could think about was Taehyung. I missed his smile. I missed his voice. I miss everything about him.

"Okay, fine. Be like that." Yoongi says. He unlocks the front door, walks inside, and slams it shut behind him. I sigh to myself. What have you gotten into?

At least two hours had passed and I was still seated outside. I had no reason to go inside. I wanted to run. To find Taehyung. But I couldn't, it would be too obvious as to where I'd go. Plus, I didn't know where I was or what kind of people were out here this late. Suddenly, I hear the front door open. "Jungkook?" I hear Yoongi call out. "You've been out here for a while. Would you like to come inside?" He asks. His voice was a lot calmer than before, it was more sympathetic. I say nothing. I was becoming an introvert. It seemed like Taehyung was the source of my happiness all of a sudden.

Yoongi walks over next to me with an umbrella. He seats himself next to me, close enough to cover the both of us with an umbrella. "Listen, I'm sorry, okay?" He says. I respond with more silence. Yoongi leaves out a long sigh. "I don't want to keep you away from him, you know. He told me all about you. All about how he thinks you're the one for him. He hasn't been with anyone like you for a long time." This isn't helping.

"I know that you and Taehyung love each other, but I spent half of my life savings picking you up for him. And until I get the money back, I can't let you go anywhere." I sigh once more. "But...I'm sure we can have fun here, right?" He asks me. "What do you like to do, huh? Board games?" Silence. "Okay, I guess not...how about TV?" Silence. "Video games?"

I slightly turn my head and glance at Yoongi. "You moved, does that mean something?" He asks. I smile slightly and nod. "Yeah? You wanna play some games?" I nod again, looking at Yoongi fully this time. "Well, come on then. Let's go see what we have." Yoongi says as he stands and hands me the umbrella. "Here, you need this more than me." I take the umbrella as Yoongi and I walk back into the house.

As I enter the house, I'm met with a gust of warm air. It felt so nice upon my skin, being cold from the rain. "Before we do anything, you need warm clothes. Hold on a second." Yoongi says as he walks upstairs, returning with a grey shirt and black sweatpants. "I didn't get, you know, boxers...cuz that's kinda weird." He says. I chuckle softly and Yoongi directs me towards the bathroom, allowing me to get changed.

As I return, I notice that Yoongi has a PlayStation set up. He takes notice to me, and smiles. "I'm not sure what you'd like to play. I don't have a very large selection, but here, you can choose." Yoongi hands me four games. I examine each of them, and end up choosing Overwatch. "I don't think I've ever taken this out of the box." Yoongi says as he inserts the disc into the console. "I used to play it with my friends back home." I say.

Yoongi smiles at me as he hears my voice. "That sounds fun. Is there a versus mode then?" I nod. "Good, 'cause I'm gonna kick your ass." He says with a slight smirk. I laugh at his remark. "Good luck with that."

-----------------

"I call hacks." Yoongi says as he loses against me for the third time. I laugh softly at him. "You just gotta step your game up." I respond. Yoongi chuckles and rolls his eyes. "You're not that bad for your first time playing." I say. "You think so?" Yoongi asks. As I begin to speak again, I'm interrupted by a sneeze. "Bless you." Yoongi says. As I thank him, another sneeze interrupts me. Yoongi sighs and grabs a few tissues for me. "Here, I told you not to stay out in the rain."

I sneeze once more into the tissues. "I know, I'm sorry." I say. Yoongi sighs once again. "Come on, you should get some rest." He says, taking my hand and walking me upstairs. As we reach the top of the stairs, Yoongi quickly leaves my hand go. "Sorry, I didn't realize..." I rub the back of my neck nervously. "It's fine, don't worry about it."

I position myself comfortably in the bed Yoongi was letting me sleep in. "Do you need anything? Any water? More blankets?" Yoongi asks as he seats himself on the edge of the bed. "There is...one thing I'd like." I say. "Sure, what do you need?"

"I want you to hold me in your arms until I fall asleep."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RePiTiTiOn GuYs. Literature teachers everywhere are going crazy lmao okay, sorry. Hopefully you all enjoyed this chapter! I'm really getting into this book! Stay tuned! ~Emily