Chapter 6

Jaden's P.o.v:

I walked into the kitchen and saw Harmony with a bright smile on her face. I smirked. I probaly had something to do with that. I pulled out a seat and sat next to Toya. She ate her breakfast slowly, looking as if she was about to throw up. I looked back up at Harmony as she whispered something to Willow and they both laughed. My dad then sat at the table; reading the newspaper. "Harmz, why are you so cheerful today," he asked with a grin. Harmony blushed. "She had her a little lip action with a mystery guy last night," Willow cooed. "Oh, so you getting your mack on now,huh," my dad said. Harmony laughed. "And I think I know who it is, too," she said. I leaned back in my seat as I waited for her to say my name. "Who," dad asked. "My friend Brandon," Harmony said.

I then coughed and almost choked on my saliva. My dad patted my back. "Whats the matter with you, Jay," he asked. "Nothing," I croaked as I continued to cough. Harmony looked at me confused. "Anyways, where are we going today,' she asked. "We're going to go camping for two days and two nights," my dad informed. Harmony clapped. "I always wanted to go camping," she gushed. "Great, at least someone appreciates the idea,' my dad said looking at my sister and I. "Can I invite Brandon," Harmony then asked. I rolled my eyes. Why was she inviting that chump to spend our vacation together.

"Sure," my dad said. I kicked him under the table. He looked at me and laughed. He knew that I liked Harmony, but this fool gonna try me and allow her to bring this dude with her. I groaned and stood up from the table. "What's up with you," Harmony asked. "Nothing man," I said. "Whatever," Harmony said. I then walked out of the kitchen and went to my room.

I decided I wanted to wear something casual, so I decided on some khakis, a sleevless white shirt, a red MSFTS sweater, some red Nikes and some socks. I brushed my teeth and sprayed Axe over me, so I could smell fresh. I then grabbed my phone and Ipod and headed downstairs. Willow came to meet me on the stairs. "Jaden, Toya is very sick and she is going home," she said; a little concerned. "What,' I shrieked. I skipped down the stairs and raced to the kitchen. Toya was sitting my the trash can throwing up. I squatted next to her.

"Toya, are you okay," I asked. "Does it look like I'm okay," she grumbled as she puked some more. "Sorry, well when is your mom coming," I asked. "She said she's on her first flight from L.A., she will be here in an hour," my mom said. "Okay," I said standing back up.

I patrolled over Toya until her mom came. I helped her with her bags and kissed her goodbye. Her mom thanked me for taking good care of her and left. I sighed as I watched their car drive away. I was really worried about Toya. She was never sick, now all a sudden she is. I felt as it was my fault for kissing Harmony. She probaly had saw us kissing under the boardwalk and just whithered away from depression.

I rubbed my forehead as I saw a taxi pull up. Brandon climbed out of the vehicle as the taxi driver grabbed his bag from the trunk. Brandon handed him a twenty dollar bill as he grabbed his bag. The man smiled and got back into the car; driving away. Brandon smiled when he saw me. "What's up," he asked trying to give me a bro hug. I backed up. "I'm watching you," I said. Then I turned around and left him.

I walked back inside just as Harmony jumped up and raced to the door. "He's here," she shouted. I watched as she jumped in his arms and hugged him. I shook my head. I slumped down in the couch next to Willow while she flipped through channels. She stopped on a of a show called Face Off. Brandon and Harmony came inside the house and sat down on another couch. They talked and laughed away.

I balled up my fist and tried to block them out, but it was hard. I started to tap my foot against the polished hardwood floors. I tried to focus my attention on the tv, but it seemed as if their laughing was getting louder and louder. I rubbed my temples and closed my eyes; counting slowly to ten. Willow observed me. "Are you okay," she asked. I opened my eyes. "Yeah, I just need some fresh air," I said. I then stood up and went out the back door.