Chapter 7

Jaden's P.o.v:

Today was Harmony's birthday and were back at the beach house so we could throw her a beach party. Her parents were coming out and so were her friends Venus and Cassie. We were gonna have activities as a surf contest, a pinata, a sack race, a hula competition, bobbing for apples, and just playing in the water. We were gonna have friut kabobs, candy apples, burgers, hot dogs, baked beans, watermelon, cake, sodas, salads, and chips and dip. It was gonna be just a friendly party. Anyone was invited.

I laid the food out on the table as my mom cooked some more appetizers. My dad was hanging up streamers and other decorations up around the house. I checked the table of food to make sure everything was perfect and we to go hand out flyers. "I'm going to hand out flyers," I called as I grabbed the flyers. "Okay, but hurry up," mom shouted. I left out of the house and skipped down the porch stairs. I walked down the sidewalk and waited until I got to where people were to hand out flyers. I noticed a gang of teens sitting around in the park and walked over to them.

Hey," I said as I stood before the people. They all turned around and a few of the girls squealed. "What's up," a boy with glasses said. "I was wondering if y'all wanted to go to a party on the beach at five o'clock," I asked. "Of course we would," a girl said. "I would love to." She winked at me and smiled. I generously smiled back, but turned my attention back to the guy. "So, are y'all up for it," I asked. "Yeah," the guy said. "Thanks," I replied. I then walked away and handed a few other people flyers and even hung up a few in stores and on lamp post.

After about half an hour, I headed back to the house. I saw that a range rover was parked next to our car and knew that Harmony's family was here. I raced to the front door and opened it. Harmony's parents and two girls, I'm assuming Venus and Cassie,were sitting in our living room with everyone. "Hey," I said as I closed the door behind me. Harmony's parents came up annd hugged me. I grinned. "Hey, Jaden," Harmony's mom chirped. I then looked over at Venus and Cassie. They looked all giddy and excited. Surely starstruck. "Hi," I said as I went to go shake their hands. Instead, they hugged me and squealed loudly. I laughed.

They pulled me close and went to stern, straight, faces. "If, you break our friend's heart ever again, we will come for you," one girl said with curly hair. I nodded. They then went back to smiles. "My name is Venus," the curly haired girl said. "And I'm Cassie," the other said. I smiled and nodded.

"Where's Harmony," I asked. "She's getting ready upstairs with Willow," dad said. "Oh, well I'm gonna go check on her," I noted. "Okay, but tell her to hurry because people are gonna be on their way in a hour," mom instructed. I nodded and jogged up the stairs. I knocked on their door. "Come in," Willow shouted. I opened their door. Willow was dressed in a flowy sundress with a woman's face on the front. It was pink and she had matching shoes to go with it. She was wearing a bowler hat and her had on some studs. "Where is Harmony," I asked. "Oh, she's in the bathroom and won't come out," Willow implied. "Why," I asked. "She thinks she looks ridiculious," Willow said. "Ugh," I groaned.

I marched over to their bathroom door and banged on the door. "Harmz, open this door and come out," I demanded. 'No," Harmony yelled. "I look stupid in this outfit!" "I'm sure you don't," I said. 'How do you know," Harmony asked. "Harmony, just come out please, I wanna see how you look," I begged. I didn't hear anything,but the door opened and I gasped.

Harmony looked wonderful! She was wearing a short, blue sundress that was strapless. Her feet were hugging some white sandals that had black feathers on them around the ankle. She had diamond studs in her ears. Her lips popped with shimmering lip gloss and her hair was flowing down her back and shoulder. Her eyelashes waved at me as she blinked and her sweet eyes made my stomach drop. I smiled.