Chapter 10

Jaden's P.o.v

The doorbell rung loudly and I jogged over to the door. Anthony, Quincy, and Marcus were standing in the doorframe, holding sleeping bags and over packed backpacks with goofy smiles on their faces. " What's up," I shrieked as I bro hugged each of them. " Hey," they said in unison. Willow came out of the kitchen with a spatula and an apron on. "Why are they here," she asked. " Because they're staying for the weekend," I said slowly. " Um, are you sure because I asked mom and dad if I could have friends over, too," Willow said. I nodded. " I know, and I also asked mom and dad and they thought it would be fair if I invited a few of my friends instead of hanging with just girls for the whole weekend," I replied. Willow rolled her eyes and switched back into the kitchen.

I shook my head. " See what I have to go through everyday," I said. " Man, I feel the same way when my younger twin sisters make me play tea party with them," Marcus said. We laughed and took seats on the couch. " So, Marcus and I had a little talk with Harmz and we found out that y'all used to date," Anthony said. " Yeah, three years ago," I said calmly. I was vunerable when it came to talking about Harmony. I made another stupid mistake and this time I had to pay for it. And I knew Harmony wanted nothing to do with me, so I didn't want to make her mad. I already screwed up this morning in SGA and the right side of my face had to pay for it.

" Were y'all really in love," Quincy asked. I nodded. " Yes, our relationship was different. It was something about Harmony that just made me curious about her. I found myself acting like a love-struck fool for her and adored her more than anything. She was on my mind twenty-four seven all day everyday and I couldn't get her out. I know I sound corny, but she made me feel complete and a whole. To be honest, I was so sprung, yet truly in love," I said. My friends stared at me. "Wow, you really liked her," Quincy said. " I know right, too bad you let her slip away," Anthony said. The bell rung and Willow rushed to the front door. The door opened and Harmony's parents stood in the view; Harmony draped over her dad's shoulder tied up.

" Willow," Mrs. Carter cried. They hugged. " We had to kidnap her just so she could come," she said. Willow smiled. " Thank you, y'all are such good parents," Willow said. Mrs. Carter smiled then looked at me. " Jaden, you have grown so much," she cooed. " Yeah, a lot happened in those years that we didn't see each other," I said. She nodded. " Well, come and give me a hug," she said. I rushed and hugged her. She smelled of midnight pomergranate. We pulled away. " Okay, I guess we're leaving now," Mr. Carter said. He then handed Harmony to me. I gulped as she gave me a death glare. " Take her, Jaden," Mr. Carter urged. I slowly took her. Her parent's waved and left. Willow closed the front door.

She snatched the tape off of Harmony's mouth. " Oh, you son of a-,". She then screamed to the top of her lungs. " Ouch, that hurt," she whined. She looked up at me. " Put me down, please," she said. I put her down. Willow then untaped her hands and legs. She stretched her limbs and grabbed her bag off the floor. " Willow, you wanted me to come here that bad," she muttered. " Yep, you need to hang out," Willow said. The guys came into the room. "Harmony," Anthony and Marcus shrieked. Harmony crashed into a hug with them. " Why were you tied up," Quincy asked. " Because, I didn't want to come, but Willow told my parents that I rejected the invitation and they made me go, but I put up a fight at my house and ended up tied up and thrown into the backseat of our car," Harmony said. My friends laughed.

I wanted to say something so bad to Harmony, but I was scared. She probably didn't need me talking to her after I chose Toya. But, she looked so beautiful standing before me in some pink Victoria Secret sweatpants and a matching sweater with some black Uggs. Her hair was tied in a damp bun, probably from her previous shower. She stilled hypnotized me with her long, thick eyelashes and sweet eyes. Lime green braces overlapped her pearly whites and flashed every time she laughed or smiled. Her hair was no longer red, but brown and blonde. Clearly, she wanted to wash away any memories of me.