Chapter 5:

It was already time for my dinner with Logan and to say the least, I'm excited.

Riley came over to 'help' me get ready, which was all his idea btw.

"Are you sure you want to do this? I mean, he's a stranger Dani."

I sighed for the 11th time that day, trust me I was counting, as I continued to curl my hair.

"Riley, yes. I know I don't know him all that well but how am I ever going to make friends if I don't give them a chance?"

"But why do they all have to be boys?"

He muttered it under his breath but I sighed again, that makes 12,

"Riiileeey please."

This time it was his turn to sigh,

"Okay, you're right. I'm sorry, I hope you have a wonderful time."

I smiled and set down the curling iron, hugging him tightly.

"Thanks Riles. You're the best."

His smell enveloped me and I relaxed in his strong arms. He truly was the best. Almost two months of being best friends, and I only wanted to see him more.

Sometimes I felt like I didn't deserve him. He was too good, to cool, for me.

But even if that was the case, it didn't stop him from showing up the next morning with muffins, and once pizza, upon special request.

"I know, I know."

He pulled away from the hug and I sighed again, (13), but this time out of withdrawal from his arms.

I looked in the mirror and frowned a little at my appearance. I was prettier than usual, but I would never be that drop dead gorgeous floor model in Hollister, you know the one.

I bit my lip and ushered away the thought.

After a couple of minutes I changed, while Riley covered his eyes of course, into a pair of dark blue skinny jeans and a semi cute coral shirt before looking in the mirror again.

Eh.

I shoved my feet into a pair of coral wedges as Riley laughed,

"You are so awkward putting on shoes."

I smiled and flipped my hair,

"Thanks, I try."

I stood and wobbled a bit but Riley grabbed my arms and steadied me. Gaining two inches from the wedges I stood eye to eye with Riley.

Our eyes met and locked. I studied his dark brown eyes, they were normal, but different.

I leaned awkwardly on my heel and fell slightly into his chest. I felt my cheeks heat up but my eyes stayed glued to his.

"Sorry."

He leaned in closer like he had the other night, stopping my heart.

Kiss me Riley.

Please.

Wait what? Dani shut up. You don't know what you're thinking. He deserves better than you.

But that didn't stop me from bitting my lip in disappointment as he whispered instead,

"It's okay."

I broke eye contact as he pulled away from the awkward position.

I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up. It's not like we're dating or anything.