Chapter 10:

Riley's POV:

I watched her walk away and I bit my cheek.

"Damn it."

Why was I such an idiot? I moved here for a new start and I'd already ruined it. I didn't care if there were 4,000 other girls at school, I only wanted Dani. She was the only one I needed, desperately.

I had to get her back.

She was so confusing, breaking down, going crazy, pretending nothing happened. All I wanted was an explanation but I went too far.

I had to get her back.

She was right where I wanted her. She liked me. She finally liked me and I blew it. I wanted her lips on mine, driving me crazy, I wanted her back.

I needed to get her back.

I needed advice.

Turning around, I walked back to my truck.

I knew where I needed to go, it was far away but my dad wouldn't notice. He was never home anyway.

The whole trip would take me a week, tops. I'd be back in time for school, and by then I'll have a way to get Dani back.

Driving home I ran inside, packing a bag of things I may need. I was about to head out but I stopped, turning around to my dresser. Sliding the drawer open, I reached my hand down until I felt the familiar metal. I grabbed the box and pulled it out, flipping open the lid. My hands did their own thing as they shuffled through pictures until the very last one..

'Riley and Ray'

I half smiled, struggling to keep the tears out of my eyes.

"I'm coming, Ray."

My voice was in whispers though no one was listening.

I made my way back to my truck, resting the picture on the dash.

My goal was Minnesota; I had to talk to Ray.

"I'm coming."