|15| Do Me A Favor

Cayden's POV

    "Ours," she said just before smashing her lips against mine.

    I left my lips pressed on hers, letting her take full reign of the kiss. She subtly opened her mouth making my lips separate in the process, too. But then she immediately closed it as if regretting wanting to deepen our kiss. I knew she was going to pull her hand away from mine before she even did it, so right when I felt the slightest movement in my hand, I tightened my grip.

    That was something that's happened a lot within the past couple of months between Brooke and I. Just when I think that she's willing to give the two of us a try, something happens that makes her end up shutting me down.

    Like when we were at Cayleigh's appointment. I told her my deepest insecurity, something I've never told anyone before, even though we've never had a one on one conversation before that day. I don't know why I did it. I just didn't want her to think that she was the cause of why I all of a sudden went silent. As soon as I started talking, I just couldn't stop. Talking to her was just so -- easy and comforting. Then after our kiss, which I knew meant something to her just as it did to me, she just ghosted on me. For weeks!

    Or last week when I went to her dorm, and we basically ended the night just holding each other. After that, she just ignored all my calls and texts for the rest of the weekend. Granted, I did fuck up big time by calling her a... Well, you know what I called her. But luckily, when I went to pick Cayleigh up from school on Monday, she had no choice but to talk to me. And to add on to that, my baby girl came in clutch for her old man by pushing her mother and my relationship to the next level.

    Thanks, Princess!

    Brooke not being 100 on the two of us being together right now is fine with me, though. I'm not going anywhere. I'm willing to wait for her as long as it takes. I know that her brain and her heart are fighting against each other. I just have to put in 1000 percent, like what I do for everything I do in life, and convince her brain that we're perfect for each other.

    That I'm the one for her.

    Before she even had the chance to let her mind win this battle, I pulled my lips away from her but not before giving her a quick chaste kiss. "Did I tell you how beautiful you look tonight," I asked her.

    "No," she smiled. "But I'm glad you think so since I literally only had ten minutes to get ready. I should've had you pick Cayleigh up first."

    "I was going to," I told her. "But my mom didn't believe that you actually agreed to go out with me."

    "Some would say I agreed. Others would say I was forced. I guess it just depends on who you ask," she shrugged making me laugh in the process. "So why didn't she believe that we were going out tonight?"

    "Well, I told her that we were kind of taking. And since I used the words 'kind of', she accused me of pestering you."

    She immediately started laughing, causing Cayleigh to get scared and slightly jump. "Sorry, baby," she said to Cayleigh while rubbing her leg. She looked back at me and shook her head. "She really does know her son, huh?"

    "You love my pestering and you know it." She shrugged at me again before taking a sip of her drink. "Anyways, I had to bring you with me to pick up Cayleigh to prove to her that I wasn't going to use Cayleigh as a tactic to get you to come out with me."