|54| Cayleigh's Mother

Author's Note-

Hi everyone!

Sorry it's taken me so long to update. Thank you so much for being patient and supportive! Hope you enjoy the chapter. You guys will trip tf out by the time you finish. (Don't cheat by going to the end. Lol!)

XO, C

P.S. Check out the awesome cover made by @_sollr !

• • • • • • • • • •

    Brooke's POV

    "Tell mommy she drives like a slow poke," I heard Cayden whisper in the back seat. Cayleigh laughed at his lie but still did as he said.

    "Tell daddy that his lazy butt didn't wanna drive in the first place so he should keep his comments to himself."

    She laughed even harder. "Daddy, mommy said butt."

    Cayden chuckled along with her this time. "Stop saying inappropriate things, mommy."

    I looked at him through the rear view mirror and saw him staring back at me, snickering. Shaking my head at his nonsense, I rolled my eyes at him knowing how much he didn't like when I did that.

    I swear I can't say this enough, but God do I love the relationship between my little family and I. Granted, I love it a lot more when it's Cayleigh and I picking on Cayden. But still, I love it nonetheless.

    I stopped the car to let another reverse out of it's parking. Then I pulled into the newly vacant stall.

    "Can I get chocolate when we go in the grow-swy store," Cayleigh asked. Cayden told her maybe next time at the same time I said yes. "Then can I get bubble gum instead?" Cayden answered sure at the same time I replied with an absolutely not. Quickly, I turned my head to face him and gave him a questioning look. He shrugged at me as if it was no big deal.

    Of course her chewing gum is no big deal to him. He wasn't the one who spent two hours and a whole jar of peanut butter trying to get a big glob of it out of her hair when she thought it would be a great idea to use it as a pillow.

    And that reminds me, we also need peanut butter.

    "How bout you decide what we make grammy and grampy for dinner tonight," I tried to compromise with her. "Then we can bake a nice, big chocolate cake! How's that sound?"

    Tonight, Charlie and Joy were joining us for dinner. Before Cayden was blessed with my amazing presence in his life, he used to go to his parent's house every night to eat. He and Cayleigh haven't been doing that lately since football season is done and he's able to pick us both up after I finish work. When we get home, Cayleigh and I usually make dinner while he sneaks behind our backs and picks at the dessert.

    I'm glad to say that things between Cayden's parents and I are no longer awkward. Well, it was never awkward for them; it was only awkward for me. But who wouldn't be awkward when it comes to meeting your boyfriend's parents/daughter's grandparents.

    They still buy me outrageous gifts every now and then no matter how many times I ask them not to, especially his mom. Joy and I even have a girls day once a month. Mya comes along sometimes too. I tease Cayden all the time that his mom low key wanted a daughter, not a son.

    After smirking at me through the mirror, Cayden lowered himself and began to whisper in Cayleigh's ear. She nodded her head at him and began to smile.