|32| GNO

Brooke's POV

    Our girls night out was amazing and went by too fast.

As soon as Cayleigh woke up from her nap at school, I excitedly told her about our plans for the evening. And just like I expected, she was thrilled to have Mya come along with us.

Later on in the day, Cayleigh and Alex came up to me and asked if Alex could tag along with us. I was all for it, but I didn't know if Alex's parents would agree. I think in their eyes, the only true relation I have to Cayleigh is as her teacher and being father's girlfriend. Not her mother. They're wide eyes pretty much confirmed that when they heard Cayleigh call me mommy last week.

However, even though I totally hate rejection, I thought of my daughter's happiness over my impending embarrassment, and asked them anyways when they came to pick Alex up. And to my surprise, they actually agreed to let me take her.

"Really," I asked in bewilderment.

Alex's mother laughed at the expression I had on my face. "Of course. Alex loves spending time with Cayleigh."

"But...what about the part of her being out with me." I said, still in shock. "You actually trust me taking your daughter out?"

"Of course I do." She playfully hit my shoulder. "Alex adores you. She talks about you all the time. And plus!" She put on a serious face. "It's not like I wouldn't know where to find you if something where to happen to her."

The look she was giving me had me on the verge of being like, sorry Cayleigh, looks like Alex's gotta stay home tonight. But then she started laughing. "I'm kidding. Oh gosh, you should really see your face right now."

My face? Lady, you should have seen the look on your face. I was just about to sit down and start writing my eulogy as soon as you left.

    I gave her a nervous smile before getting the details on when and where I'd be able to pick Alex up. At the end of my work day, I packed Cayleigh into the car, picked up our two extra attendees for tonight's festivities, then drove to our first destination, the restaurant.

    For dinner we ate at Olive Garden. Cayleigh and I share an unhealthy love for pasta, so going there was a must. It also didn't hurt that we get an unlimited supply of free breadsticks, which just so happen to be Cayleigh's second favorite food.

When we all finished eating, we made our way to the second half of our date, the movie theater, even though I was beyond full and on the verge of being immobile. Note to self: next time eat dinner after watching the movie. I should have known better than to eat pasta knowing I wasn't going to be able to take a nap immediately after doing so.

At our local movie theater, every once in a while, they'll show an old movie that already came out. This week that movie was How To Train Your Dragon. As a fellow Dragons fan, my excitement became untamable. I swear, it looked like I was the child of the group.

    "Oh my God! Look! They're showing Dragons," I energetically shouted while rushing over to the film's poster.

    "What's that," Cayleigh questioned following me in tow.

    "It's a movie about a boy who finds a dragon and makes him his pet."

    "Like a doggy?"

    "Yep. Well...kinda."

    "I have a doggy," Alex added. "His name's Bolt."

    "What's that boy's dryjen's name," Cayleigh asked me.