Chapter 16

"Oh... Thanks by the way, just in general." He taps his fingers on the desk, "This isn't too deep, I don't think... Have you met your birth parents yet?"
"Yes, but how much do you want to know?"
"As much as you are willing to tell me.."
"We were going through our inheritance at the bank when they appear. We're obviously a little miffed, but I invited them to lunch, you know, 'cause they're our parents..." I take a deep breath.
"If you don't want to-" Draco puts his hand on mine.
"No. No, it's okay." I sigh, "Seraphina and I were chatting while the water was boiling, and I ask the big question; 'Why were we hidden?'. You want to know what she said?" I clench my fists. "She told me that I was supposed to be the Chosen One." I exhale, "I kicked them out, and haven't heard from them since..."
"We can talk about it more later, okay?" he squeezes my hand. "For now, it's your turn to ask me questions."
"Why did you save me?"
"I don't really know, it was like something inside me finally clicked... I had to lie to my father about it later though, said that you were part of the Golden Three, and the Dark Lord would've been very angry had we let you die without his permission." He shook his head, "I still can't believe he fell for that."
"Why did you call your mother by her maiden name?"
"She divorced my father early on in the war. But with the Dark Lord around she couldn't leave... She's now staying with Uncle Ted, Aunt Andromeda, Professor Lupin, and little Teddy.
"This isn't to get to know you, or deep, but I need to know... How did you know all of that Egyptian Mythology?"
He sat up a little straighter as he answered, "I pride myself in knowing the ins and outs of almost all the large pantheons. Greek, Roman, Norse, Egyptian, Aztec, and Crete."