Letter #1

Dear Joshua,

I've written this letter because I am willing to know what's happened to you. It's very straightforward, yes, but to the point.

I do have a few questions for you though... I hope that doesn't bother you.

Where are you? Are out coming home? And when exactly are you coming home?

That's really all I have for right now. You don't have to answer the questions if you feel pressured. They're there incase you want to answer them.

The group made it all alive with me those months ago, thank God. It's made me realize that I should appreciate life more—even though the prank you pulled, your trickery—I can tell it's changed everyone for the better.

Emily is still the way she's always been; Jess too. The difference in their relationship, though, is that they're friends again. Just like they were in 2014...

Mike and Matt have overcome obstacles too—not just with did the girls change, but they did too. They've become a bit more, let's say, softer in tones of how they've treated one another recently. The fight that broke out at the lodge three months ago before the Em and Jess fight. They don't do that anymore.

Oh—Mike has this wolf that helped him through the Sanatorium that fateful night months ago. He calls him Wolfie. I think that's why Mike isn't as terrible as he used to be because Wolfie taught him how to express his inner feelings.

Animals bring out all the peacefulness and honest emotions in us. According to various studies, animals actually help our health and positively affect the way we think. Especially within dogs and cats; pets release that "feel-good" hormone that reduces stress, anxiety, depression, etc. Studies show that owning pets reduces your blood pressure and cholesterol levels. So bam. There's your happiness dose for the day.

Not to mention Chris and Ashley, I'd like to address them. They're getting closer, but I don't think they aren't making moves. The most they've done is Chris wrapping his hand around Ash's waist here and there. I know it's because they went through everything together that night... I thought you might want to know because I know how you've always joked with Chris on how he needed to just go for it.

I've taken that spot since you've been gone.

I can tell everyone really misses you. Your parents are devastated that they've not only lost their daughters, but their only son.

I'm going to have to stop soon because there's a tear or two staining the school paper I've written this on. You know that I could never write on the computer papers well because I could never write in a straight line. I still can't. I don't think that surprises you.

But please Joshua—come home. We all miss you. It's hard living without your jokes. It's challenging waking up everyday not seeing you text the group chat we all had for the getaway.

For everyone's sake Joshua, bring yourself home. By now, I'd think if a genie would give us three wishes, the three wishes would be this:

One: Bring Joshua Washington home.
Two: Make sure Joshua Washington is okay and unharmed wherever he may be.
And three: Give Joshua Washington the happiness he once had. Give him the hope to come home if he doesn't have any reason to come back.

We love and miss you, Joshua. Life feels grey without your very presence; mentally, physically, and emotionally. When you do come home, the group and I will be waiting.

With Love,
Samantha