Letter #3

Dear Joshua,

At this moment, I have pencil in hand; phone in the other. Very shocking for me to be multitasking, isn't it?

Well, the group wants to hang again. Everyone wants to go somewhere, maybe like a beach or to the mountains. The only mountains I can think of are the Rocky Mountains in America; the one that separates the western side of the country to the rest of it physically with the landform being there and all. I think it would be nice, but I also think it would be better if you were there.

I could text you this, but every time I've texted you, you haven't answered. I'm guessing you've lost your phone or that you're good at ignoring things nowadays. You could never ignore even the littlest things when we were kids even if it was something that happened years ago, you seemed to never let go of it.

For example, the one, may I repeat, one time I ate your grilled cheese. You haven't used that against me in like three years, but still, it shows just how stubborn you are. I don't blame you though, because I'm the same way and would've hated it if someone ate my food. You just talked to me about the stealing, but one thing that's on my bucket list is that I would pay to see you and Chris get into something like that. It would be funny for Josh and Cochise to get physical because you both are complete sweethearts; but what would you do for food? How far would you go?

I apologize for going a bit off topic. I just think that you should join us on this vacation, wherever we choose to go. I'll update you on it because even if you aren't responding, surely you're reading these letters; right?

I mean, I would hope you're reading them. Maybe you just have no motivation to respond, though. Remember, I just need a sign you're alive. Something to keep me going. Maybe you are the same—that you need someone to keep you going?

You know that when you said that you were overjoyed that I came out of everyone else, I felt something. I felt that connection that we've had together. I know that this is only my third letter to you, but... But you've made me feel special ever since the twins' deaths.

I've told you countless times that I wasn't involved in the prank on getting Hannah, you know that. I would never hurt her. I know it's a sensitive topic for the both of us, but could that be why you haven't responded? Are you mad at me specifically for something I did that night in 2014? Something four months ago? Was it that I outran you in that strong ass towel? Did you not want me to escape?

I know that I was feared for my life. I'd rather not talk about running around your house in a towel, so I'm gonna stop writing about that.

My main question is: are you not responding because of something I did? I know how stubborn you've been with that stupid, smelly grilled cheese and other things, so are you holding a grudge? Or just completely ignoring me?

I can stop writing to you if you want me to. I'll notify you about the trip; but, until I get any sign that you don't want me to continue writing letters, I'm not stopping. I'm not stopping until I find a reason to keep going.

Because writing to you is what is keeping me going. Writing to you gives me hope, and I've learned that from you. You make me feel good and giddy, Joshua Washington.

Now respond to my letters.

With (Some) Love,
Samantha

P.S. I put "some" in there because I'm getting impatient with feeling that I'm writing to a freaking ghost. Please respond sometime, Joshua. Please.