Letter #4

Dear Joshua,

It's me again. You're probably annoyed at the fact I'm still writing letters and that you want to be left in peace, but you still haven't responded to at least one of my letters. It's been a week and a half since the last one, and the group has decided we're going to the beach. It's going to be really fun playing out in the sun.

That rhymed! Leave it up to the legend of poetry to rhyme as naturally as that... Did you miss that about me? Do you even miss me? Because I miss you. I think it's because I don't even know where you are, because if I did, you know I'd be running into your arms and screaming your name.

The group has chosen that we should go to the beach. We're leaving in a few days and I thought I'd let you know that just incase you were curious. Curiosity killed the cat—and it sure got you and Chris into alcohol. I'm sure he'll be drinking at the vacation because that's what he always did with you: get wasted and have the hangover of the century the next morning.

Speaking of parties, you know that you always were the one that got the "party started." You, Joshua, always made them crazy insane, but tolerable for even me or even a freakishly-scared Ashley Brown to even commit to it and have a good time. For sure. You always knew how to throw a nice party and I'm sure you're having the time of your life now, wherever you are.

But I'm left thinking deep in my thoughts because there's time to pack. This is going to be our first party without you... and it's gonna sting like a bee. It's gonna be painful without you there, so come have some fun if you want. You did say before a party that we needed to party like pornstars...

You know how much I'm not really on the internet, but I did watch a couple of YouTube videos and read some articles on Google. They say if you're in love with someone that you respect your boundaries and that they will try things they usually wouldn't if a person feels very comfortable around their spouse. They will face each other's fears head-on and they aren't afraid to show themselves their I-just-woke-up look.

This is really out there, but if we ever got together, do you think we'd have a chance?

With (An Unexplainable) Love,
Samantha

P.S. Now, the "an unexplainable" is because there's this feeling in my stomach and adrenaline in my veins each time I think of you. I'm sure that it could be love... but admitting it? I'm not so sure of.

I really care about you, Joshua and your well-being. Please come back to the lodge. We're meeting here for our little reunion trip and it would be nice to see you again. It would be great to see you healthy, fabulous to see you laughing, and most importantly, to see you smiling. I can't tell you enough, Washington. I'll write letters until you reply even if it means I die and never get one back. We miss you.

I miss you. Goodnight, Captain Joshua.