chapter two

"Hey, Laurance, buddy!" I watch as Garroth effortlessly walks down the hallway, and people begin to move out of his way.

Garroth Ro'meave, he's the most popular sophomore in the whole school. If not the whole school, then he's the most popular sophomore in the entire grade. Sometimes I wonder why I'm best friends with the guy, but those thoughts normally go away when I around him.

There's one flaw to him though. He thinks of girls as a game, and he always intends to win. As in, if the girl walks away crying after falling for him, he wins. It's a sickening game, and I don't like being apart of it.

Some girls run away crying from me, but that's only because I rejected them. Wow, now to think of it, I sound just as bad as Garroth.

"What's up? You didn't answer any of my texts last night!" Garroth places his hand on my shoulder, and I look down at it. I look back up at him and cock an eyebrow.

"Really bro? I told you that I was hanging out with my sister."

I feel bad for lying, I always do, but I've been getting used to it. Besides, it wasn't technically a lie. I was with Alex last night. What am I supposed to say? The truth? Yeah right, that is not happening any time soon.

"How is your sister anyway?"

"Why don't you ask me for yourself?" I turn around to see Alex standing behind me. "Laurance, Vylad told me to tell you that Charlie wants to see us later. He wants us to meet someone!"

When we say Charlie to other people, they always think that he's a childhood friend of mine from Meteli. And when Vylad is mentioned to know him, we simply say it's because he met him when he came over to the house to see Alex. They think it nothing more, nothing less because that was the story we told them.

In Garroth's eyes however, when Alex said "he wants us to meet someone," I know instantly that he thinks that Charlie's introducing us to his girlfriend.

First off, Charlie is single. And second off, he's still single. Third off, he will remain single. I think you get the hint.

I mess up her hair, and she groans. She pouts, and I look over my side to see Vylad calling for her. She smiles at the sight and sticms her tounge out at me. I watch as she takes a step away, and Garroth stops her.

"And I knoa that you don't, but if I ask you id you love me. I hope you lie, lie, lie, lie to me."

She fakes a laugh, "You're trying too hard. Besides, you're a player, but I'm coach. Let's play ball, shall we? Coming Vylad!"

I turn to him, "You're pathetic. That's my little sister, idiot."

"I thought she found mysterious type attractive!" He whines.

"You're not mysterious. You're still just an idiot!"

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Walking inside the entrance of Charlie's office can be a scary time. It's mainly when you don't know why you're going inside, or when you know you screwed up and he wants to talk to you. Both times, half of the people who go inside normally get fired. After you get fired, there's a bunch of unwanted drama.

Some people are giving us looks of pitty, and the others are giving us smiles. Notice I added a 's' after 'smiles'. As in, we're getting too many types of smiles for my liking.

Garroth is making me come over today, and Vylad has already warned me that I want be alone. Since I'm constantly around Vylad, he's grown to be like a little brother to me. The little brother I never got. Why would you need to adopt two girls?