chapter eleven

As if the agonizing pain in my foot wasn't enough, Laurance feels the need to add onto the pain by ripping out my heart and stomping on it by saying no.

I would beg him by getting onto my knees and bowing down to him like he was some kind of ruler, but the only thing that's keeping the eye to eye contact right now is my foot wedged into the door. This is a new low for me. And by placing my foot in between the door and the frame, bowing to the brown haired male just ruin my self esteem even more.

"Move your foot before I find the pressure point in your body that will kill you," he threatens me, an icy cold glare that manages to send shivers down my spine. And to think, he was confessing a major crush he had on me a few days ago. Was it even days ago? I can't seem to remember time at the moment.

"Go ahead," I start, biting the inside of my cheek when his hands twitch. They don't move other than that motion, and I gain bits of my confidence back. "You won't do it. You care too much about me to do it, and you care too much about me to slam this door successfully in my face without my foot getting in the way. Just give me a few minutes to explain myself."

"And why should I?"

I smirk, the realization of how I am getting under his skin surfacing in my mind. "Because I have the answers you've been wanting."

If only he would tell me what he actually knows. Vylad knows certain things, but he doesn't know everything or the complete truth. Besides, he's trustworthy when it comes to secrets. Ryder can't stand the smallest idea of Laurance. It's hard for them to even meet an eye glance at school without a fist fight breaking out like hell.

He groans and the door swings open in defeat. A small portion of me feels a sweet victory in being able to get Laurance to open the door, but the rest of me feels like a real butt for jerking him into it.

"How do you know where I live anyway?" He questions me, lifting an eyebrow as he waited for my response.

I'm led all the way into the living room where I sit in a chair seated across from the sofa where he throws himself down upon like he's at home. Well, he's at home. . . Same difference.

I begins to look around, avoiding any sign of eye contact. This is the second time I've actually been inside, and it's more homier than I expected it to be. It's still a nice house, you can tell that his family has a good amount of money to them, but it's not like what I expected it to be like. Let's just say, there's no chandelier hanging from any possible place there could be.

"Alex told me a little while back."

That's a lie. No doubt about it. Charlie sent me their address that day when I went on that mission with them. Katelyn's surprised and confused face showed this when she opened the door to see me. But Alex. . . she seemed like she was suspecting me when she asked if I brought her her lipstick tube.

I didn't understand what she meant by lipstick tube until now. How was I so dumb as to not realize that it was those two that night in the middle of the street? Because they can cover up what is their job and real life.

He hums, making a comment of how he believed me when I knew that he really didn't. I can't even believe myself at times now. All I appear to do is lie constantly to everybody around me to get what I want. Aren't I an amazing person?

Laurance groans and rubs the middle of his forehead to find a place to relieve the pain I must be giving him in his head. I'm questioned as of what I wanted to talk to him about, and I simply respond to his question with another question of my own. What secret did he learn to hate me so?

"What secret did I learn to act the way I am now? Why don't I just call Vylad so he can hear what Alex has gone through because of you? What I've gone through? What he didn't know he was going through? Your own brother?" The words are frantic and scare me when he rushes to grab his phone off the table and unlocks it. It begins to ring after the bright green eyed male's face takes over the phone screen. "The fact that you've been lying this whole time?"