chapter eight

Looking at my hands, I see nothing that comes of interest to me. There's dirt, but it's hard to see it with the dim flickering light that hangs from the ceiling.

I'm in some sort of cage, and it's not very large. Sitting criss cross on the floor takes majority of the space I am given. It's cold, and I like to think that if I push the thought of it being being cold away; that I wouldn't be cold.

Some of my hair falls in front of my eye, but I do nothing about it. I perfer for the hair to stay in front of my eye. It would only be less effort in the long run than having to move it.

The door to the room opens with a creeking sound, but I dare not to look up. More lights crashes into the room, and I listen to footsteps come closer to me. Why am I the one here?

"You look pathetic," her voice says. "I should've gotten somebody else. But compared to the others, you're weak. Maybe you were a good choice."

"I feel so honored," I growl.

She laughs, "You should! We should throw a party, don't you think? You could be the guest of honor but trapped in a cage. You're trapped in a cage like some wild beast. Don't you love it?"

There's no need for me to reply. She has the upper hand, and whoever she's working with does too. Fucking crazy bitch.

I like my slightly dry lips questioning why I didn't realize she was this crazy before. Of course I knew she was crazy, anybody could tell you that, but if only I knew then what I know now.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Laurance's POV

"Kidnapped?"

The question seemed almost foreign coming from my mouth. Of course I should be used to the thought, or announcement, of somebody being kidnapped by now, but Y/N being kidnapped is something totally different.

Surely she didn't tell Charlie she would work with us right? I think. And if she did, we would've heard something by now. Even if she did tell Charlie, none of the bad guys would have know of her existence yet. We've had her tucked away and a secret amongst the world.

"Yes, I just said that. I didn't think I would have to repeat myself," Charlie says. "One of you need to go rescue her." He walks away from us leaving us to deal with the situation at hand. He sucks, and I'm now starting to wish he was the one who got kidnapped. That way, I wouldn't have the need to rescue him.

It's silent. When trying to save a person who is kidnapped, there is always the chance of being caught. When you're caught, who knows what could happen. From looking from each of our eyes, there's a mixed emotions. Do I save Y/N, or do I not save her flashes repeatedly. Ryder volunteers to go, and it makes me want to do it myself. As selfish as it sounds, if I do it then she may actually like me. But then again, I may be the very last person she wants to see right now.

"Vylad should do it," I pipe up, and Ryder glares at me using the excuse of how they're family. I push his statement aside. "He's quiet and smart, he's also slim and shorter than you and me, Ryder. Besides, Y/N thinks very highly of him."

Vylad stares at me with a blank face. "I don't physically carry out the missions. . ." he says, casting his eyes down at his feet, stiffening. Alex grabs onto his hand intertwining their fingers. She smiles warmly at him, and he becomes untense. "I wouldn't know how to do it. I'd freeze. At least behind a screen I'm apart of the mission, but I tell you guys what to do. Why not have Alex do it?"