chapter three

The week finishes off, and Charlie kept his promise when he said he would give us a break from missions. In fact, it's Monday night, and we have a mission. Our first mission with Ryder, so we'll see how this goes goes.

I sneakily pop my head a little past Alex's door frame to see that she's sitting on her bed. I watch as her thumbs go a mile a minute, and she'll laugh quietly to herself. I guess she must be waiting for me considering she looks ready for the mission.

"You can come in dummy," she says. I walk into her room, defeated, and she sets her phone down against her comforter. "Are we ready to go? You're worse than Garroth."

I ignore her comment, and I have to remind myself that I need a favor from her.

"Yeah, I just need a favor," I say. She hums in response and grabs her phone. "I need you to pretend to like Ryder. Get him to like you back. This way, he'll tell you about Y/N, and you can tell me what he tells you."

She stares at me. I can't help but feel afraid that she won't say anything, and instead she stares at me. After seconds of hearing my heart pound out of my chest, she rolls her eyes and makes a 'tsk' sound with her mouth.

"You want me to like a cocky ass bitch?" She stands up and begins to walks towards her window. After looking out of it, she walks away, and I have to follow after her. "You mine as well have me like Dante."

"Pretend," I hiss out grabbing onto her arm. She turna around to face me. "Besides, you don't have to actually be with him. It's only so I can get to know Y/N better!"

She turns around harshly. "You're so lazy! You need to grow a pair and talk to her yourself!" Alex sighs as she massages he temple. "Fine, I'll do it. But it's only for friendship, right? I refuse to be apart of a set up to get her to like you."

"Yes! Yes, it's only for friendship! Thank you so much. I don't know how I could ever repay you!"

"Leaving would be a good start."

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

We're almost done with our mission, and I already wish to brutally kill Ryder. I said once before that Garroth was bad, but Ryder has somehow managed to be worse.

"Left or right?"

Ryder, Vylad and myself are sitting behind watching Alex bestow a mission that the three of us are unable to perform. She's currently under a quick get away with plans after Ryder gave her wrong information, and she may get caught because of it. If she gets caught, we're screwed.

"Left," I say as I watch her turn to the left. However, Ryder thinks that he's better than me and decides to argue with me and say right. Were bicker about it, and Alex looks extremely confused on what to do.

Ryder may be the leader, but so am I.

"They're almost here! I can hear their footsteps. Vylad, which way do I go? Left or right?!"

"Up!"

She grabs something from her belt and instantly she's brought up to the ceiling. I don't even have that item. . .

I glare at Ryder. His eyes are glued on Vylad, and he seems annoyed. I can't understand why though. Vylad has done nothing wrong whatsoever.

I knew from the very beginning that having two leaders would be trouble some, and it would probably be best if Vylad would be the one and only leader. He takes actions on things.

"You fucking suck as a leader," the words slip from my lips faster than I could think of the words. I look over at Ryder, and he lifts his fist up as if to punch me. He doesn't, and I smirk lightly to myself.