chapter twelve

Vylad's POV

After second hour is the time where I normally see both Alex and Laurance in the same class as me, and I secretly tell them about an upcoming mission.

Well, this wasn't the case when I was pressed up against the wall.

You would think that being pressed up again the wall by my own girlfriend that I would be turned on, right (not mentioning the questionable concerns I had about who suddenly became the dominant one in our relationship)? I thought that I would be greeted with a smile and a passionate kiss against my lips. Her face close to mine with the extremely easy ability for me to simply lean forward and capture her lips with mine in bliss. Yeah, that was soon a daydream when I looked into the eyes of somebody who wanted to kill me as I feared that urine would soon leak down my pant leg.

"What the fuck have you done?" Alex questions, angered and slightly hurt as she continues to glare at me. And suddenly at that moment, I felt little streaks of liquid slip down my leg onto the floor.

It's almost like we're on a mission. . . Expect she doesn't have red lipstick on, and we're in school to learn, I think, the glare becoming harsher as seconds go by. The normal sparkle she once used to have in her eyes vanished like her untainted completion and innocence to the world. I'm going to die.

"Well, for starters, I peed myself a little bit just now."

She looks at me in disgust and lets me go. I hadn't realized that she had my feet the slightest bit off the floor until I couldn't feel the ground completely under the soles of my shoes.

She sighs, a hand flying up to her hair in stress and disorder. "Ew. . . It's times like these that I question why I'm even dating you."

I'm let go, and my heart tries it's best to slow down the pace is its beating. How did she manage to scare me that bad to make my heart pick up its beating pace? Even if both of my feet are placed firmly onto the ground, it feels as though I'm up in the air still.

Katelyn stomps over to the three of us, looking rather angry. I begin to look around the room for a shovel to burry myself with. But with no luck, I can't see one. That's why I get for looking for a shovel in a math classroom. Unless. . . there should be a shovel somewhere in the agricultural room. I could go there to borrow the shovel and then I can die before Katelyn and the other two get the chance of killing me.

"Can someone please tell me why Charlie just called me warning me that if the situation doesn't fix itself, we'll be lucky to see prom?"

Her manners don't fool me. I know that I'm screwed either way. It's only a matter of time until I'm killed, and it won't be from the bad guys. Why did I do this. . . ?

Laurance explains what's happening, and I fear for my life when Katelyn takes a step towards me, her hand shooting out for my throat. Laurance takes a step in front of me and grabs onto Katelyn's wrist, beginning to try and sooth her down so that she won't kill me. Please just let her kill me, I mentally beg Laurance, but it's clear to see that he's not getting my telekinetic message when he traps her in a hug, Laurance you're not being a very good friend right now. Listen to my mind message.

"So we're going to actually be killed off, or get the entire school killed off, because of what Vylad did," Alex finishes off, panicking slightly towards the end of the finished explanation with a harsh bite of her lip with rushed, pained laughter. "I'm too young to die. Why is my boyfriend such a fucking dumbass?! Why didn't I listen to Zane? Or even Ryder? 'Don't date a dummy,' they said. Go date a dummy, I did." Her words speed by like a car.

"Stop that!" Laurance snaps. "We have bigger fish to fry than your horrible taste in guys." Okay, I'll admit, I deserved that, but it was still extremely hurtful. "No offense, Vylad." Offense taken. "But which one of us are going to tell Y/N this? She's apart of it if she, or us, likes it or not."