[Chapter 35]: Fix it

"I really messed up Kuro..." You muttered into your knees.

The small cat balled up beside you, as if sending the despair in your tone. He meowed sweetly in an attempt to comfort you.

"Thanks..." You sniffled. "Having you here makes me feel a bit less lonely."

You attempted to choke out a smile to no avail. It was weak. And without the presence of another human, there was no motivation to hide what you had been feeling inside.

Emptiness.

"Why couldn't I just tell him? What's wrong with me?!" The escalation in tone surprised even yourself. You sighed loudly and patted your chest. "Relax (y/n), think about this rationally..."

After giving Kuro a few gentle belly rubs, you stood from your spot on the floor and went about your typical nighttime routine. You brushed your teeth, played music, put on comfortable pajamas, anything to help ease your mind a bit.

I wonder what Todoroki is doing right now. He's probably been bothered all day...

You stood silently for a moment, eyes wandering out the window.

Maybe... I should apologize...

Slowly but surely, you grabbed your phone and scrolled to Todoroki's number.

[Draft]
To: Todoroki (˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
From: (Y/n) 8:22pm
Hey Todo, are you busy right-

Your hands froze. There was that all too familiar lump in your throat.

Is this too much? Maybe if I say it like this, he'll get worried...

KNOCK KNOCK.

The sudden noise made you throw your phone.

"(Y/n), open up." And angry woman called from behind the door. The voice was very obviously Ai's.

Ai?! Why is she here? I don't really want to see anyone right now...

"Open the FUCK UP!" She yelled, kicking the door open. Once again, there was an audible snap of the lock.

You collapsed to the ground in terror of the verbal beating you were were anticipating.

Is- Is this how I die?!

"DID I JUST HEAR THAT FUCKING DOOR BREAK AGAIN?!" Satou screamed out his apartment window.

"JUST FIX IT TOMORROW OLD MAN!" Ai screamed in response. "HARD LABOR WILL KEEP THE OSTEOPOROSIS AND EXISTENTIAL DREAD FROM SETTING IN!"

"WHAT WAS THAT YOU SHITTY BRAT?! I'D COME UP THERE AND SLUG YOU RIGHT NOW IF MY FAVORITE ROMCOM WASN'T ON!"

"Ai please it's late!" You pleaded. "The neighbors will get mad!"

She rolled her eyes and shut the door behind her.

"I'm not here to tussle with the old man anyways." She huffed. "I'm here to talk about you being a hard ass about telling us anything."

You instantly knew what she was referring to.

"... How did you find out?" You meekly replied.

"It was Da-" She paused. "It doesn't matter how I found out. What matters is that you need to tell us about things like this."