[Chapter 37]: Not so bad

Sorry about the delay everyone! I left the states to study abroad in New Zealand! The first two weeks were very busy and exciting so I didn't have a lot of time to write! <3

- - - - - - - - - -

"Do you want something to drink Todo- Eh, Shouto..." You called over to him.

"Water is fine." He responded. "Also, you don't have to use my first name if it makes you uncomfortable (y/n)."

"No, I want to use it." You smiled, pulling a glass from your cupboard. "It just might take me a while to acclimate."

"Don't push yourself."

You chuckled at his concern, pouring him a glass of water as he requested. Kuro has left his resting spot and had wandered over to muzzle against your leg.

"Oops, forgot to feed ya boy." You grinned down at the kitten.

"I can do it." Todoroki chimed in. "Where's his food?"

"Oh, by my desk. Thanks Todo."

The boy got up from the bed and approached the small desk in the corner of the room. He knelt down to grab the small bad from beside it, pausing when he noticed a piece of crumpled paper.

"(Y/n), you left some trash back here."

"Did I?" You glanced back a bit perplexed. Todoroki leaned forward to grab it, unfolding the corners and examining its contents.

"I'll throw it away-"

When you turned to bring him his water, you noticed him reading the paper.

"What is it Todo?" You questioned while placing the glass on the table. "Old homework?"

"No uh... It's..."

You blinked a few times, curiously awaiting his answer.

"Well, spit it out!" You grinned, sauntering up next to him. But when you peaked over his shoulder and read the note, you practically stopped breathing.

...It's pretty cool that Todoroki sometimes takes his shirt off when we're training though. Who knew he was hiding such a dreamy bod under-

The note you had cast away right after USJ and you had caught feeling for him. You could have died of embarrassment.

"W-WAIT, IT'S NOT WHAT YOU THINK!" You panicked, swiping the note from his hands. But the damage had already been done. Todoroki's face was stark red. "UMMM... I CAN EXPLAIN!"

"There's no need." He softly spoke. "I just didn't know you thought about these things so much (y/n)..."

"I DON'T! I MEAN, WELL THERE ARE SO MANY OTHER THINGS I APPRECIATE ABOUT YOU! I JUST MEANT THAT PHYSICAL FITNESS IS GREAT FOR DECREASING ALL CAUSE MORTALITY!"

At this point, you had resorted to Iida's awkward arm movements as a means to displace your embarrassment. In the midst of your panic, Todoroki simply glanced over his shoulder to observe.

In all honesty, he found it cute.

"Did you want to see it?" He plainly asked.

You froze mid arm signal.

Eh?

Did he just... offer to take his shirt off?

You reached up and pinched your cheek.

"Holy moly, it's not a dream..." You muttered.

"Is that a yes?" Todoroki said, standing up and lifting the corner of his shirt.