[Chapter 51]: Answered

I crushed my first exams and am very intoxicated lets GOOOO yeeYEH!!?

(Sober me a day later):  Don't worry, I went over it.

Thank you @maacobre ahead of time for spelling/grammar corrections... -_-

- - -

"Come onnnnn." You huffed, gazing in your bathroom mirror. "Of all days to have the worst bedhead..."

You patted at the loose strands, hoping they would cooperate for once in your life. That wasn't the only thing displeasing you. From your obnoxious bed head to the dark circles under your eyes, you certainly weren't feeling your best.

Maybe I should tell him to come another day...

You glanced down at your phone.

1:30 PM... he'll be here any minute.

Truthfully, after your initial power nap a few days ago, your sleep had grown more and more fragmented. Sleep was pervaded by bad dreams. Being awake wasn't much better. Your mind was working overtime to process your newfound knowledge and eating was becoming increasingly difficult. You took a deep breath and smacked your hands on either side of your face.

Get it together! Shouto won't care if I look a little tired.

Despite your constant internal mantras, it was becoming more and more difficult to lift your spirits.

I feel... different...

You jumped when you heard knocking at your door. It took such little stimulus for your heart rate to skyrocket.

Shouto's here! Or what if it's- Dabi?! Or someone who attacked me-?!

"(Y/n)? Are you in there?" Shouto's voice sounded from behind the door. Your breath returned.

"Coming!" You called out, walking quickly to the door.

Before opening it, you paused briefly once more. Maybe it was your nerves about seeing Shouto or allowing him to see you in this state. Maybe it was the sudden instructive thoughts that seemed to so rudely interrupt you now.

I need to let that go for now...

Your hand rested on the doorknob before finally clutching it and pulling the door open.

"S-Shouto?" You said hesitantly, peeking out from behind the door.

He leaned his head slightly so he could see you.

"Did I get the day wrong? You seem surprised." He questioned honestly. You sighed and tried to laugh lightly.

"No, you're right." You pushed your door the rest of the way open.

"Should we go somewhere first?" Shouto asked, hands relaxed in his pockets.

You glanced at the surrounding street past him, immediately feeling your previous anxiety well up inside you.

"(Y/n)?" Shouto tilted his head slightly.

"Oh uh- yeah, let's do that..."

NO NO NO, TELL HIM THE TRUTH STUPID!

"Okay," He said, turning over his shoulder. "There's a nice cafe down the street-"