The hospital

I can't wait much longer. No one will tell me if somthings wrong with my baby. No one will let me even see her. I've been waiting for two hours. Jake is starting to get fussy. There's nothing I can do about it!

I walk up to the front desk.

"Exuse me, but do you have any news about my baby?"

"The name please?"

I was starting to get annyoyed I had been up here a hundred times! "For the millionth time, Ali Laken." She looks at her computer.  "No news."

"What? I've been here for two hours and I keep getting the same answer. Can I get an answer? "

"I'm trying everything in my power to try to find out."

"No your not.  Your just sitting at a computer desk and I don't think the doctor would stop working on my daughter to email you. So, please just tell me. Every mother deserves to know what's wrong with her kid. I'm only human."

She gives me the 'Evil eye'. "Fine, I'll go and talk to her myself. " She gets up.

10 MINUTES LATER..........

The lady comes back.  I stand up. She comes back with a clip board. She looked worried.

"Miss Laken, you may go back to the room but, we have the news on your baby's condition. "

"Condition? " I repeat.

"Yes."

"Okay." My heart is racing.

"Your daughter has sever brain damage."