First day of senior year

⚠️ homophobic remark⚠️
Dear, diary.              Sep 3, 18

My first day of senior year, one more year of hell and I'm out of this town. It's not all bad, I still have my brother taking care of me, being by my side at all times. He's continuing to make mom and dad proud, he's the best mechanical engineer the garrison has ever seen. He did make his mechanical arm after the accident after all. Anyway, I have to go pick up Pidge.

      Sincerely
           Keith Kogane

I looked in my mirror making sure I looked right. My black T-shirt, black ripped skinny jeans and my red and black lettermen's jacket with a L on it for lion. I get grabbed my red and black galaxy back pack and head down stairs. I walk into the kitchen to see my older brother Shiro, he was of course coming back from his early morning run.

"Mornin Keith" he said with a smile. Just looking at the scar on his nose gave me bad memories. I opened the fridge and grabbed a water.

"Morning" I reply before putting my water in my backpack side pocket.

"Ready for your first day back?" Shiro asked.

"Oh yeah nothings better than hundreds of teenagers that don't bother to put on deodorant in one single crowded hall. I'm soooo exited" I say sarcastically grabbing an apple. Shiro laughed in response before placing his robotic arm on my shoulder.

"It's just one more year, just keep your grades up and be a kid, it's your last chance after all" Shiro said before ruffling my hair.

"I'll see you later bro" I say before grabbing my keys and heading out the door. I got into my brothers old hand me down black volts wagon bug. I started on my way to the Holt family house hold. Seeing the 15 year old senior, the one and only Katie Holt, or as her brother and I like to call her Pidge. She was dressed in a galaxy green hoodie and black basketball shorts with green galaxy shocks. She's basically a lot of genius in a very small package. She walked up to the passenger side and got in. I instantly handed her the apple.

"Thanks homo" She said.

"Of course Pigeon" I say. This kinda our way of saying "I love you". We've been friends since she got bumped up the the third grade when she very first started school. I drove to the hell hole we call school and Pidge and I split ways till lunch. That's when I ran into him, the head of the football team, Lance McClain and the kicker Hunk Garett. We were kinda friends, we used to hate each other in elementary school because I was always better than him at sports, but once he got captain on the football team and quarterback, we started getting along. He was dressed in a nirvana t and dark blue jeans with his lettermans Jacket. As for Hunk he had a Soul Eater t shirt and blue jeans shorts with his yellow head band thing. We were all on the team, Lance was just "higher" up than my spot as middle linebacker. Now that we've been getting closer, I've started to notice how cute he is.

"What's up Mullet? How was your summer?" Lance mocked as he put me in a head lock messing up my hair. I pull away from him and playfully hit him in the shoulder.

"It was fine sharp shooter" I replied. Sharp shooter was what everyone in the school called him. He never misses when he throws the ball, if the pass fails, it's because the other person drops the ball.

"So where's Katie?" Hunk asked. They were super close, both being in all honors and both have great grades. They're currently tied for valedictorian.

"She went to the library, she said she needs to get started on finding science fair" I explained. Hunk's face lit up, full of excitement.

"I have to tell her about the robot cats I want to make for it" Hunk said before running off to the library.

"Well it looks like it's just you and me now mullet" Lance said as I started walking towards my locker.

"What's your locked number?" I asked.

"D22, you?" He replied.

"D23,"

"Well it looks like we're locker neighbors" Lance said with his beautiful smile. I felt the blush heading to my face. I frowned and looked down at the ground, making sure he didn't notice.

"Yeah I guess that's pretty cool" I say with little emotion. We reached our lookers and we opened it putting our shit in side.

"What's you're class schedule?" Lance asked taking the paper from my hand.

"Hey!"

"You're in drama? That's so cool! I'll have to see you in the play" Lance said looking enthusiastic.

"You really think I'm set out for an actual role?" I say.

"Of course, you're extremely dramatic" Lance said kinda mocking me. We laugh at his remark, then I feel a force push me to the ground.

"Out of my way fag" the voice of the Lotor, king of the galra gang.

"Leave him alone asshole" Lance said as he helped me up.

"You don't scare me you wannabe Zack Efron" Lotor said as his goons laughed.

"If I don't scare you why don't yo-"

"Come on Lance, he's not worth it" I say pulling Lance away heading to my first class.

"I can't believe he's your cousin" Lance says reminding me of something I wanted to forget. Yes he's my biological cousin, his father and my biological mother were half siblings. I was abandoned by my biological parents and adopted by mom and dad.

"Yeah neither can I" I reply.