15

"That's why I wanted to be friends with you for so long now." He said that. I was like, Woah.

"And me being very ignorant like I am busy overthink, overthink, and overthink all day. Thinking that some other people might be eating BFF fries and a Sundae in McDonald's inside a car with someone and they probably talk about their insecurities or something." I said, stabbed by my anxiety.

"Don't think that you are ignorant. I'm the one who never asks you to be my friend. I get really upset sometimes because I am looking at you sometimes with my Jock friends and when I saw you you are just observing people around you. Eat and then go to your class when the bell rang." He said.

"I think you being you makes you so unique, that's why I make my way through the crowded people of the hallways and I saw you burying your face in your arms. I said to myself that this is my chance. I never regret anything." He just explains and I am consuming every word that comes out and it feels so real and weird and strange.

"Where have been in my life?" I said.

"That's it, dude!"

"I've been looking for someone just like you. Now you're here and I think it is a blessing." I said then we both laugh a little.

"Are we good?" I ask.

"Good." Then we bump out arms as a friendship symbolism.

We shove a lot of fries in our mouth.

"I am okay now so we'll have to share the other fries now." He said.

"Well, alright," I said, chuckling.

"I think I should give you a heads up about Finnegan." He said.

"What do you mean by that?"

"He gives a big deal about everything. He is one of those jock that is full of pride and he thinks that he is a guy who has it all."

"Well thank you for that though. I appreciate that you care." I said to him. We're about to finish the fries.

"I think we should roll now. Tell me about Alexis while we drive our way home. She looks interesting."

We pulled out of McDonald's and it is 7:49 PM and it is getting late so I should be home now. He started to tell that Alexis is nice. She is sweet. We probably might get along. She is a new student from some private school then she changed the location. I think I would love to meet Alexis tomorrow since Rafael said she doesn't have a friend yet. So maybe we could be a group of friends.

So I pull over to his house. He has a nice house huh. It's bigger than ours though. He's the one that rich here.

"Your house is huge!" I exclaimed

"Yeah, I know. But we're not rich. This is my great great great grandfather's manor and he just renovated it a little bit. So it is like a suburban and contemporary mixture."

"That's probably huge. I'll live there, for sure. Well, I'm gonna go now. It is late. I have a curfew." I said.

"Alright. By the way, drive safe."

"My clothes. Give it back," I said.

"I'll wash it first." He waved goodbye and I pulled out of the driveway and head home.

My mom texted me saying that the curfew starts in an hour. I should hurry or I'll be grounded.