Chapter 1

Sixteen years since she had been gone and almost nothing had changed. One of the few things that had changed with the compound, leaves were now decorations on the columns, pictures still hung on the wall except extra were added. As she walked through the compound towards the voices of the family she had missed so much she took everything in knowing something was going to pull her away from her home at some point. As she got closer towards the voice she grew more and more nervous, well nervous wasn't an understatement, she had no idea how they would react to her return or how much they may or may not have changed. Well she finally reached the door it was open so she leant against the doorway and made herself known, "Who would have thought the Mikaelson's and the Morningstar's all being civil." when she said this every face in the room turned to hers in shock.

Gabriel was the first to speak, "Is it really you?" not knowing if it was his imagination or not and afraid that it was.

"It's me, Gabe," was her reply because before she could say anything else she was engulfed in a hug by the archangel she classed as her brother. When he finally released her tears were brought to her eyes as she saw her youngest sibling, "Hey, baby bro." she whispered with a smile, when he hugged her she felt her top begin to get wet from her brother's tears.

"I thought you weren't coming back." he cried into her shoulder.

"Can't get rid of me that easily and I promised I would come back and you know I always keep my promises no matter what trouble it causes me." by this point she just let the tears roll down her face freely because she was back with her family. As soon as she let go of her brother she was pulled into another's arms and after a few minutes she felt more arms surround her meaning she was in a group hug with her best friend and his family. When she was finally free she looked up at the person who began the group hug and sighed in happiness when seeing his face, the face of her best friend, "I missed you too, Nik."

By the time all the stories of the past sixteen bar hers were shared, she was exhausted and decided it was time to shower and sleep in an actual bed. As she was about to fall asleep she heard her door open and a whisper of her name, "Izzy?" it was her brother Stefan. Isabelle sat up in bed and looked at her brother with a face saying that he could come in. Once her closed the door and lay down next to her with his head on her chest he asked if she would be able to sing him a song. So, she sung the song she would always sing to him when he couldn't sleep, one she heard years ago but no one ever sung it expect from her. As she was singing she heard the light snores of her brother and so she bid him goodnight and fell in a dream-filled and peaceful sleep, one she hadn't had for a long time.