Chapter 16 (Sorry it took so long)

Updates will be at random as I am still trying to figure out the rest of the plot.

They finally moved past the topic of Megan and decided to watch some films instead. They chose to watch The Hunger Games movies, Kol, Gabe and Stefan were sat on the sofa, Elijah and Hayley were sharing the arm chair and everybody else was sat on the floor. Isabelle was sat in between Kol's legs due to their want of having some form of contact with each other to make sure that it wasn't a dream. By the time they had to put the last film on everyone was asleep.

Waking up the next, Isabelle noticed she was wrapped in Kol's arms. Even though she didn't want to leave the warm embrace, she slowly and carefully removed Kol's arm, which took more strength then she would like to admit, and got up off the floor, heading into the kitchen where her phone was to check the time. It was six thirty, so she decided to have a quick shower before waking everybody up. With her head too deep in thought, Isabelle didn't notice that Kol had joined her until she felt him turn her around to face him and hug her. She allowed herself to melt into the embrace and let the tears that she had struggled to keep in out silently. They stayed like that for a quarter of an hour before getting out and changing into their uniform ready for the day.

Throughout the day, Isabelle felt like all the pieces of her that had been missing the six months had been put back together because of Chuck and Gabe's stupidity. By the time lunch came around Isabelle had almost forgotten about Megan, until Megan appeared in front of her and in the way of the rest of the group. Isabelle put on an annoyed look when she said, "Would you please move out of my way and while you are at it learn what personal space is."

Megan just laughed at that and replied with, "Don't think your friends are going to come help you. They are monsters who don't care about anybody except themselves and their family and you are just a waste of space and a burden to them."

"She is family, love." Nik walked up behind whilst speaking to her.

"And she sure as hell isn't a waste of space or a burden to us." Elijah was defending me, which shouldn't really be a surprise, but we have a weird friendship.

"Now I suggest you leave before I do something I will regret later." Kol stood next to me and intertwined his fingers with mine.

"Ah, so you're the psychotic maniac of a soulmate." Megan says not even trying to hide her disgust.

"That's one way to put it," Rebekah begins, "But I suggest you don't talk about my brother like that. At least not in front of all of us, we defend our family no matter the consequences."

"And that is why you are all called monsters."

"Not all of us. Some abominations, others protectors and one a queen." Isabelle says taking a step closer, looking at Nik, Davina and Hayley, "Don't believe everything a storybook tells you. It usually leaves out important information, like the fact that not everyone is a villain."

"You're all villains to me." Megan says looking straight into Isabelle's eyes, not a hint of regret showing.

"You didn't always think like that. I guess a storybook shows you who your true friends are." Gabe says repulsion and hatred clear on his face. Seeing Gabe's face caused Megan's to falter and to walk away from all of us.

"Well it seems we have brought a bit of attention to ourselves." Kol says turning to the love of his life after looking around to see the crowd that had formed around them.

"It seems we have." Isabelle says looking back at him. They both grin at each other. Kol was one of the only people who Isabelle could be so open with and know, without a doubt, that she could get through these next few weeks.