•chapter six•

After about an hour's drive we make it to the beach.

"Baby, look. We have the beach basically to ourselves." He says pointing to the empty parking lot and the empty beach.

"Yes, and?" I say not finding a valid reason to care.

"I don't know. Just thought it was weird." He shrugs.

"There goes a waste of breath." I mutter.

"Hey, you still love me." He says, earning a lousy eye roll from me.

"Yea, I guess I do." I joke.

"Uh, do I need to show you why you love me?" He says, me being dumb, didn't get what he meant so I thought it was a joke.

"Do you?" I ask.

"Don't think I won't slam you on the ground and ruthlessly fuck you." He says, making my eyes go really wide, only just now understanding what he meant.

"Wait, no. What. That's not what I thought you meant. Hold on I'm confused." I ramble out and he laughs at me.

"Ok, I get it. You're dumb." He shrugs. I hit him.

"Don't be mean or you'll sleep by yourself tonight." I tease.

"Oh, no. I'm going to dieeee." He says over dramatically, putting his hand on his head.

"... Really?" I say, rolling my eyes.

"I'm sorry my acting skills are so much better than yours." He sticks his tongue out at me.

"Maybe.." I say and take off my over shirt. "Hey, you don't have to worry about people looking at me." I laugh a little.

"Except me." He says, pointing to himself.

"Are you gonna look at me?" I ask jokingly.

"Uh, duh. Even if weren't together, you're like really hot." He comes to me and picks me up, carrying me.

"Why do you have to hold me. You know I have a thing with heights." I say, holding onto him tightly.

"You're literally like 4 feet in the air. You're taller than that." He says laughing.

"But it's different when I'm on the ground." I say getting really paranoid, and hiding my face in his shoulder.

"Are you really that scared of heights?" He asks still laughing a little.

"Yes. Now put me down please." I answer.

"We're almost there." He says.

"Ugh." I hold him and hide in his shoulder. "Jesus this is a long walk." I complain.

"Well, now we're just walking because I like when you're needy." He shrugs.

"Seriously?!" I ask.

"Mhm." He laughs.

"Please, put me down." I beg.

"Okaayyyyyyy." He says and sets me down on my feet.

"Thank you." I say and smile.

"Come on." He says and grabs my hand, dragging me into the water.

"Daniel, I'm not as tall as you." I say as he tries to pull me out too deep for me to reach.

"Do you trust me?" He asks, stopping.

"What are you gonna do if I say yes?" I ask.

"Come here." He says holding his arms out.

"No. I'm not going that far." I decline.

"Do you trust me?" He repeats. I nod.

"But I'm not going." I say.