•chapter eight•

I woke up and rolled over to an empty bed.

"Daniel?" I mumble, confused. I get up and reach in my dresser drawer for the guns and roses shirt I secretly stole from Daniel, whoops. I pull it down over my body, proceeding downstairs.

"Daniel??" I call out.

"I-oh, fuck." I hear him say. "Ow, shit." I hear him wince in pain.

"Daniel what di-" I walk into a back room. Where there was broken glass and he was apparently cleaning it up, cutting himself in the process.

"Oh, kierraaaaa. You're awakkeee." He said like he was hiding something.

"Daniel, you should have just woken me up and I would have cleaned it." I roll my eyes, taking the cleaning tools from him and pulling him to the nearest bathroom.

"I was trying to clean it myself. I'm a big boy, kierra." He defends.

"The fact that you just called yourself a big boy means, you should be nowhere near glass." I mumble, allowing him to hear.

"Scuse you. I'm older than you." He replies.

"You don't act like it." I roll my eyes.

"Still older."

"Im a girl which proves I'm smarter." I shrug, as I finished cleaning up his hand.

"Uh, no it doesn't."

"Scientists proved females are smarter than males." I tell him.

"So what?"

"I'm smarter." I shrug and walk out.

"Just because you're smarter doesn't mean you're more capable of cleaning up glass." He argues.

"It means, I could've cleaned it up without cutting my hand." I clean it up. "Why did it get broken anyway?"

"I-uh.."

"We moved in like two days ago."

"Well... When you left, I got upset.. and it magically broke..." He scratches the back of his neck..

"Mhm. Magically broke." I roll my eyes.

"It diiiidddd." He whines. "I was uh walking past it and uh, my hand picked it up and threw it because I was sad. And then it broke." He shrugs, knowing he just completely bullshitted me.

"Wow, I thought you would do better then that." I laugh.

"Well, look, man.." he stops to think.

"Why were you sad?" I say rethinking what he said.

"Because..... I was...." He doesn't answer.

"Ok, seriously. If we're gonna be a couple or together, you're gonna have to tell me these things." I explain, hopping on the counter after throwing the glass away.

"I was sad and upset because you left. I was upset because I yelled at you and I made you leave." He says.

"Why?" I say.

"Why what?"

"Why were you sad I left?" I ask.

"Because, I didn't want you to get hurt. You're my babygirl and if I lost you I'd loose myself." He explain. Holy fuck my heart just got ripped out by him.

"Awww." Is all I can say. I give him a tight hug and I hold him.

"I know it's dumb, but it's the truth." He says, hugging me back.

"It's not dumb.. it's sweet." I smile.

"I can be sweet when I want to." He shrugs and laughs.

"Well, I think.. you're really sweet. Just really rough when you get all fired up." I mumble out the end.