I

"Don't you dare come back until you change, Stuart. This isn't you. We didn't raise you to be a fag." Dad called out to me before throwing my backpack down the steps of the porch. I knew I shoulda stayed closeted a bit longer.

No one at school really likes me. I have no friends. Mom and Dad are the only family I've ever known. Where could I stay? I guess I could do what they always do in the movies and stay on a park bench, but the closest park is on the bad side of town. Then again, beggars can't be choosers.

I made my way down to the 8th Street park and spotted a green bench that I'll call home for now. Thank God it's Summer. I wouldn't be able to sleep on a cold bench. God knows I need some sleep.

I got laid down on the bench, curled up in my oversized Misfits shirt, and used my bag as a pillow. I got as comfortable as I could on a metal park bench before I saw someone who scared me just a little. Who else would be out at the park at night?

He didn't do anything to scare me, he just looked intimidating. I can't really explain why, but he just looked sort of scary to me. He stood down on the sidewalk and smoked a cigarette. I don't think he saw me watching him. At least I hope he didn't. All hope is gone when he started walking toward me. I shut my eyes and pretended to be asleep.

"Kid, don't you have a place to sleep?" He asked me. I opened my eyes and shook my head.

"You don't have a home?" He asked.

"Not anymore," I remarked, sadly.

He chuckled, sounding a bit sarcastic and annoyed before saying "Deja Vu. You were kicked out, I'm guessing?" I nodded. A few seconds later, he held out his hand. "Come on. I got a place for you," he said. I begin to hesitate. Mom and Dad said never to trust strangers. They also said they'd love and support me no matter what, so what do they know?

"Aren't you gonna get up?" He asked, a bit vexed. I took the hand he offered out to help me get up and followed him to an old-looking car.

Once we got in, he didn't do his seatbelt and he didn't wait for me to do up mine before he started his engine. "I'm Murdoc Niccals, by the way. You are?"

"Stuart Pot," I announced. Chuckling, he repeated my last name under his breath. I wasn't gonna say anything since he is the one who's putting a roof over my head.

"So Stuart Pot, how old are you?"

"Eighteen,"

He nearly crashed the car. "Eighteen? You're so young!"

"Well, I'm about to be nineteen in eight months," I defended weakly. "Wait a minute, how old are you?"

"Twenty-two," he said. 

"Murdoc?"

"Yeah?"

"How long am I allowed to stay with you?" I asked.

"I guess for 2 months so you can get your own place. Do you have a job?"

I shook my head.

"Well, we're gonna get you a job tomorrow."

"What about school?" I asked.

"Fuck, that's right. You're a baby. After school, we'll find you a place to work."

It wasn't long after we got to an apartment building that really scared me. Mom and Dad never wanted me to be at places like these. I guess my fear was obvious since Murdoc asked "You alright there, Stu? You seem to be a bit anxious"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I lied. I was anxious. I was beyond anxious. I felt like Brian and he was John from The Breakfast Club. This pristine kid and someone who was probably a criminal.

We started walking up the stairs to his apartment. "My room is the best of them all. Mine is room 666-B." He chuckled.

It's not long until we make it to his floor. He unlocks the door and opens it to an absolute wreck. It was filthy. Clothes were everywhere but in a drawer. And I thought my room was messy.

We walked in and he pointed me to his worn-down couch and told me that's where I could sleep. I couldn't be thankful enough. I put my bag down by the arm of the couch and sat down.

"Thank you so much, Murdoc,"

"Don't mention it," he growled. He taught me how to work his shower because God knows it's a pain to learn on your own. He showed me where everything I'd need in his apartment resided. It wasn't long until the time came when he said he was going to go to bed and told me I should do the same, so I did.

I fell asleep on Murdoc's couch and slept soundlessly and peacefully. Everything had fallen to pieces hours before and now, everything was relatively perfect once again.

A/N hey you guys! This is a republish, so there are going to be some differences from what you might remember. I wrote this story when I was 13 and I've decided there are some aspects that I don't agree with and need to be changed, such as 2D being 17 upon their meeting and the homophobic slur used to describe the principal in the second chapter. Anyways, I've been editing the story to make it align more with my beliefs today (and also correcting some grammatical errors and spelling errors.) I very much hope you enjoy and I apologize for any inconvenience.