Part 12

(Marcel POV What?)

Delirious was pacing. And I mean, pacing.

He was practically burning holes into the ground with the amount of circles he's made.

And Luke wasn't any better. He was injured to the point that Evan had to force him to take vicodin because his dumbass was trying to go to the gym to fuck up the punching bag. Hell, he looked like the punching bag. He clenched his hands into fists, his knuckles broken and bruised, trying to fight the effects of the vicodin.

Ohm was passed out on the couch, looking almost as bad as Luke did. He didn't fight the pain, but still wanted to be part of the conversation.

What disturbed me most was Brock who was sitting across from me, next to Nogla. Moo was silent. He just stared at the carpet, a storm brewing in his eyes.

Nogla wouldn't stop rubbing his hands or arms.

Hell, even I felt anxiety bubble in my chest.

Everyone else sat in silence as Evan and Tyler were thinking of ways to track her. We learned from Luke and Ohm that they were, in fact, a branch of a gang just simply called The Mob. This branch specifically called Poison Ivies. They hated us.

Tyler steps away from Evan, rubbing his hands over his hair, "Fuck man."

How did a little girl who's only been here for a few days have half the team already in throws?

Suddenly, Delirious' phone rings and everyone freezes, looking towards him as he clutches it in his hands.

~.~.~.~

Holding my breath, I listen to the creaking outside the door.

I didn't sleep much. I hurt. Both my heart and my body was in pain.

My heart because a day has already passed by. The light creeping underneath the door changed from a pale silvery one to a muted gold, back to a pale silvery. I thought they'd already be here to get me. I thought i wouldn't have to face hell again.

My body was still a dull ache from training, and then new pain added on top from yesterday. Just thinking about it, I press a hand against the bruised skin on my side, where the ring leader had let one of the big guys nail his fist against me since I refused to talk. Clenching my eyes shut, I try to not think of what they did. My mind flashing to all the different ways I was forced to feel pain.

I just hurt. More than anything my guy hurt. It felt like I was being abandoned, the actual pain too much of a reminder, and it was a constant struggle in my mind. My face was bruised, my lip busted, my side in agony, and another soon-to-be white scar on the side of my neck. Just moving my head around inflamed the scabbed cut. That wasn't even the entirety of things.

The muffled voices on the other side of the door brought me out of my thoughts and out of my pain.

I gripped the solid handle of my smooth knife in my hand, standing against the wall by the door. If this went as planned, they wouldn't see me.

The guys, I could decipher two individual voices, chuckled outside of the door before jingling from the door knob reached the small space I stood in. I could hear one of the guys walk away. Good, only one guy to deal with..

I slowed down my breathing, stealing my nerves. I just need to survive till Delirious gets to me.

The door knob twisted open, the door opening outwards as the shadow stretches into the closet.

"What the hell?" The guy spoke, stepping into the dark space.

I watched from where I was pressed against the wall.