Chapter 10 - Not Over

Khalid and Harun met Adam and Hassan on the way to the Castle. Khalid told them about Harun and the fire incident. Hassan told them about beating Varouk. They took turns on the Varouk's and the ax man's horse. Khalid saw RG playing with Hassan's hair. "Why do you have a monkey, Hassan?"

Hassan sighed. "For the last time, RG's not just a monkey! He's the General of the Rooftops."

Khalid stared at Hassan. "Are you serious? You're keeping the monkey? How does Yusuf put up with you?"

Adam said, "You think it's bad, now? If only you saw RG before Hassan gave him a shower; he smelled worse than the horse stables."

Khalid said, "Don't call him RG, Adam. You're making it official."

Harun observed them quietly. "So, warriors talk about horse stables and stinky monkeys on their way back from battles?"

Khalid laughed, but honestly said, "When Hassan's in the group, the subject tends to be - uh - unusual. Like stinky monkeys and horse stables."

It took them nearly three hours to get to the Castle. Even Yasir's group beat them to it, and they had to bury men, take out the fire, get the booty, and tell villagers what happened.

When Yasir came to the Castle, everybody went to the Big Hall for the feast. The news of the battle against Varouk reached the Castle faster than it took Yasir to get there. They all told what happened and stories of their fight. Everybody wondered where Varouk was.

Adam told the guards that they all could go in. The guards didn't ask, but they didn't need to. Hassan told them that the captive was Varouk. They nearly dropped their axes.

When they went inside, all the servants greeted them. Hassan saw their confusion and said, "This prisoner is the cursed and most evil man in all of Abyssinia. Varouk." They all gasped.

One woman took her boiling water and purposely spilled it on Varouk's legs. He screamed and she said, "Remember me. You killed my son!" She took a kitchen knife and aimed it at Varouk. It took Khalid, Harun, Hassan, Adam, the guards, and some servants to hold her back from killing him. She said, "Oh, prince! Don't let him trick you! He'll find a way to escape like last time! Kill him, now! He deserves the death penalty!"

Khalid took Varouk and dragged him to the Big Hall. Everybody knew right away who he was. Khalid looked at the full hall and said, "Um, my king? Are you here?"

King Ali said, "O my Lord! Is that Varouk?" Everybody shivered at the name.

Khalid said, "Yes, but I think you should question him in a... private place. Before someone kills him.' 

The King said, "Yes, you're completely correct. General Yasir and the Make, I would like if you could question him with me. Bring your bow and much arrows, Uthman."

Uthman said, "I never leave my bow, but I'll bring extra arrows."

King Ali said, "Keep celebrating everybody! We've caught Varouk!"

A huge cheer started in the Hall. Khalid said, "I want to question him, too."

King Ali said, "No. This only includes me, Uthman and Yasir."

Uthman said, "But you can question the injured enemies. Figure out where there from and why they allied with Varouk."

Khalid asked, "Where are they?"

Uthman replied, "In the dungeon."

Adam and Hassan came to the King. Khalid asked, "Where is Harun?"

Adam said, "He's parking the horse in the stables. He'll go to the Big Hall afterwards.

Hassan said to the King, "You heard how I caught Varouk?"