Chapter 8 - The Battle For Abyssinia (Part 1)

Yasir faced the whole of army bravely. He stuck out his chest and grabbed his sword. "So, let's fight this the traditional way. If your foreigner friends know of it."

Varouk chuckled. "Yes, in fact they do. In twelve years of living with them, naturally, I taught them my way."

Hassan finished the third line. He made sure to make the fourth line not connect to the other three. After Hassan finished he said, "Let's watch them, but don't touch the oil!" They overheard Yasir and Varouk's coversation

Yasir said, "Liban and Mahad. You men can fight with me. But I want the pleasure of killing Varouk."

Varouk said, "My insincere apologies, but you hold poor forecasting skills. I'm not in the mood to fight today." Varouk then went to his army and said to his lieutenant, "Crush them. I'm going to crush their Capital."

Khalid gasped. "Did you hear that?! He's going to the Capital while our legion is fighting. That filthy, donkey lookin', mud likin' coward!"

Hassan said, "He doesn't look or smell that bad to me. But his scars are sure to visit me in my nightmares."

Varouk started a paced run to the end of his legion. Khalid quickly took charge of their small group and said, "Zaid, start the fire quickly." Zaid took two random sticks and a leaf. He started to do the hand drill to get a fire. "Adam and Hassan, you guys are coming with me. If Varouk makes it pass the fire barriers, we'll have to save the Capital." Khalid looked uncomfortably at Zaid. He reluctantly said, "And Zaid, you know what to do if our Legion is losing. Abyssinia's counting on you."

Khalid didn't randomly pick their assignments. He knew that Hassan knew the Capital very well and that Adam would be a better choice than Zaid at fighting Varouk. He also picked himself to go to the Capital, so that he could kill any other fighters who went with Varouk to the Capital.

Khalid, Hassan, and Adam ran their fastest pace towards the end of the oil barrier. But the spreading fire beat them to it. They all secretly hoped that Varouk made it pass the barrier, because they badly wanted to kill him!

Yasir, Liban, and Mahad walked up to three unusual looking men. The men must've been from an Empire unknown to all three of them, because they were lighter in complexion compared to Arabs, but less light in complexion compared to Romans. They took out their swords/axes and faced their opponents.

Yasir was in the first fight that started. He used his muscle and intelligence to fight his opponent. The man was remarkably skilled and was only on offense. But Yasir used that against him and beat the man in seventeen moves.

Liban and his opponent's axes stuck on each other and it became a strength fight. Liban won, but Mahad didn't have the same fortune as his two comrades. His opponent was an ax man. The ax man kept Mahad on defense and finished him with a hit on the head. The crushing sound gave everybody a shiver.

"It's a trick!" yelled one of Varouk's men. He pointed at the spreading fire. Varouk's men looked and gasped at it. The fire sounded as if it was roaring and laughing at the men.

Yasir took advantage of the enemy's unawareness and yelled, "CHARGE TOWARDS VICTORY!"

The enemy were surprised when they saw the Abyssinian legion storming at them and that cost them at least thirty men. But they quickly recovered and charged back at the Abyssinian legion. Yasir saw much elite players die and it made him uncomfortable, but he knew the circumstances could've been worse. Many more would've been dead by now, if it hadn't been for their shield/cloak.

Yasir was astonished by the enemy. They were not as intelligent as the Abyssinian legion, but they were very determined and with spirit. They would jump over their fellow soldier who was screaming in pain, just to kill an Abyssinian. They never were on defense....... as if they didn't care for their lives. But in truth, it was because they want to win more than they wanted to live.