CHAPTER ELEVEN

"So..?" Shaheedah asked, wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"What? So what? What are you trying to ask Shaheedah?" I faced her, giving her my full attention.

"Nothing." She simply answered but was still looking at me in a weird way. What is wrong with this girl today?
"Stop looking at me like that, it’s creepy." I bluntly told her. The way she’s looking at me is really weird and it’s starting to creep me out.

"How am I looking at you?"

"Like this.” And I made the exact face she was making.

She burst out loud and was laughing so hard. After she was calm again she said, "Okay then,  tell me thank you." And shined her 32 at me.

"For?" I asked in confusion.

"Just say it."

"No way I'm telling you thanks for nothing." I replied.
What does she even mean?

"I'm the reason why you're smiling."

"Oh really?" I asked In confusion, “Humour me please.”
I added, adjusting my posture to listen to what she has to say.

"Okay. Let me tell you. When you told Baba to choose a wife for you, he called me and asked for suggestions. Knowing you fully well, I immediately suggested Fareedah.
He called everyone in this family and they were all in support of it. And boom! Baba called Baba Sa'ad, and from there onward, everything just went smoothly. End of story!"

I was speechless.

"Ya Allah! Shaheedah I love you so so much! If I was a girl I will be crying right now." I faked a sniff.

"You're not alright. But I love you more. My little brother is not a kid anymore." She laughed.

"Shaheedah!" I exclaimed.

"What? Aren’t you my little brother?" She laughed harder.

Oh I've missed her alot.

"When are you leaving?"

"After the wedding In Shā Allah."

___________

FAREEDAH’S POV.

I still refuse to believe I agreed to marry Yusuf, that betrayer. I hate him and I really do. The scariest part is that nobody knows what happened, even my best friends don't know. What everyone knows is that we were childhood best friends, who were not close anymore because of distance. Now everyone expects us to rekindle our old friendship and be happy again.

"I'm not stupid."

"What was that?" Khady asked.

"Uhmm... nothing." I shrugged.
Holy crap! I said that out loud. What’s wrong with me these days?

"Uh okay. I thought I heard you say something. You seem to be zoning off these days you know. You alright?" She asked.

"No, I mean yes! I’m fine, maybe you're just imagining things babe." I answered assuringly.

"But Reedah there's something you're not telling me. I can feel it."

"There's nothing. Khady I'm just so scared." I confessed, before burying my head in her chest and breaking down.

"Calm down, calm down. It’s gonna be alright. I’m here for you.” She said as she used her hand to pat my back.

“But it wasn't like this with Sageer, I barely know Yusuf." I said, wiping my tears off with the back of my hand.