CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

I picked an Inaya Abaya from my wardrobe . It was a mocha coloured open front Abaya, with a black dress inside. I matched it with a flare oatmeal Rayon Blend jersey veil. I applied powder, little mascara and a light pink lip gloss before packing my hair in a ponytail. I put my veil on my head and pinned it at the back using one of my mother's favourite hijab pins.

I was so excited because today was going to be my first day at work. Finally the three weeks camp was over even though I didn't attend. I was going to start serving at Federal Inland service revenue Kano as a corper. I was excited and nervous at the same time, going to a new place and meeting new people could be interesting but can be very challenging.

I picked up the necklace Yusuf gave me a night before, it was a silver chain with a heart pendant that has a diamond stud in it. It was very beautiful. He gave it to me yesterday night at our date in cilantro.

"I had bought this since in California for you. Because immediately I saw it, it reminded me of you" he smiled

Our date was a perfect one and I enjoyed every bit of it. I couldn't stop smiling and neither could he. It was just blissful.

"Reedaah!" Yusuf called me out from downstairs

"Coming" I wore the necklace and picked up my bag before leaving the room.

I met him downstairs waiting for me with our lunch packs in his hands. He was wearing a white long sleeved shirt, black suit trouser and a black neck tie. My husband looking all handsome.

"You look stunning love" he said moving closer to me

"Thank you" I replied blushing

"I don't want all the men there looking at my wife"

"Do I smell jealousy?" I wiggled my eyebrows

"I'm sorry but I'll be so jealous if any man looks at you" I noticed the change in his mood

"Trust me love" I cupped his face in my hands

"I do"

"Then let's go" I said dragging him out to the door

**** ***** ***** *****

"Enjoy your day" he said before droping a light kiss on my cheeks .

I entered the office with a bismillah, smiling and greeting everyone I met on my way. Alhamdulillah they were all nice and friendly except for few who kept a straight face. I moved on to my department and signed some documents  before I was assigned an office. We were 3 in the office and thank God we were all females. They were very nice to me. Zulaiha was a senior staff while Jameela was also a copper like me. We worked together and when it was time to pray we went to the mosque together with Jameela. I escorted her to the cafeteria to have lunch and there was never a dull moment with her being the talkative we both were.

"Sorry I'm a talkative, so you'll have to bear with me" she said

She always had a smile on her face which revealed her one sided dimple, she was slim,tall and also a melanin goddes. While Zulaiha was a married lady with four kids.

Before I knew it the day was over and Yusuf had sent malam Musa to pick me up. I offered to drop Jameela at home. She stayed in Tarauni with her grand mother. Jameela lives in Abuja with her parent but was sent to kano to serve, since her grand mother lived in kano she was staying with her. I bade her farewell and hoped to meet tomorrow at work.

Mallam Musa dropped me off at home before he headed back home. I rushed and started preparing dinner before Yusuf will come back. I made tuwo and egusi soup before going to take my bath and pray maghrib. I called him several times but he didn't pick up. This was so unusual of him. He normally comes back by maghrib.