o n e | k a r a

"It's going to be okay, kara," Alex tries to comfort me. 

"No, Alex, it's not. The love of my life left for the third time. And I didn't have the heart to stop him. He's become such an amazing person. He's doing so well, saving the future and all. I can't take that away."

"You know I'm always going to be here for you, right?"

"Of course I do, Alex. But you didn't see our last conversation. He was crying, Alex. But he had to do the right thing, just like I had to do the right thing when sending him away the first time," I say. 

Alex doesn't say anything. She brings me closer to her and lets me cry all over again. 

"Shh. Everything's going to be okay," she coos in my ear. 

I hold her tighter. 

"You know, you will see him again," she says. 

"How, Alex, he left," I say. 

"The ring he gave you? Can't you contact him with the Legion ring?"

"Alex, I could but it's only for emergencies. For when I need help," I say. 

"Kara, we got rid of Reign, what else do you think will happen to us worse than Reign?" She questions. 

"Yeah, you're right," I say. "I'll just have to live with it. Barry once told me that time travel comes with consequences," I add.

"Well, I guess we're lucky," she smiles. 

"Hmm." I take the remote from the coffee table and turn up the volume. 

"Who is the mystery woman that appeared near the Siberian border three nights ago? We will keep you updated with the latest."

Both Alex and I stare at the television screen where the woman's face is plastered. 

"Is that... me?" I question with wide eyes.

"Oh my god, Kara, you were holding the Harun-El when Sam and Reign were," she gasps. 

"Are you telling me that there is an evil Supergirl in Siberia? This is not good," I get up and start pacing around my loft.

"I guess this is the type of emergency where we could use the Legion," Alex breathes. "Still have that Legion ring?"