f o u r t e e n | k a r a

"This is my loft, it's where I live and you will be staying here with me, okay? I don't want you to feel like a prisoner in the DEO," I say to Kara.

"Thank you," she says. 

"I will get the couch ready for you. While I do that, do you want any water?" I ask her. 

She shakes her head. 

It takes a few minutes for me to grab a few sheets and throw it onto the couch, turning it into a makeshift bed for her. 

"Now, why don't you sit down, I'll tell you a few things about yourself," I sit on the couch and pat the seat beside me. 

"We are Kryptonians. We are not from here, we are from a planet called Krypton. A few days ago, my friends and I were trying to stop a villain, Reign and when I touched the Harun-El, I created you. I"m the reason you're here and living in such poor conditions. But I'm going to make it right. Until you're ready to go into the world on your own you will be with me. I'll teach you everything. How to use your powers, get you a job and more."

"I have powers?" She questions. 

I laugh and nod. "A few actually."

"Can you show me one now?" She speaks softly. 

I nod and stand up and slowly levitate off of the ground. "You can fly too," I said. "And don't worry, I'll teach you everything once you're ready." Once my feet touch the ground I look at her. "Why don't you get some rest, you've had a long day. We can start tomorrow?" 

She nods and tucks herself under the covers. "Thank you," she says again before drifting off.

I walk over to my bed and call Alex. 

"Hey, everything okay?"

"Yeah," I say. "We talked. I told her everything. I'll start teaching her everything tomorrow. She's sleeping now."

"Okay. Mon-El was asking for you."

"Tell him he'll have to live without me for a couple of nights... maybe weeks," I say will looking at Kara. She might take a while to get a handle of her powers. 

"Do I have to be the one to tell him that?"

"Ask Winn," I chuckle. 

"Okay. Goodnight, Kara. I love you."

"Love you too, Alex." I hang up and put my phone on the table and slowly let sleep take over.