e i g h t | ka r a

Mon-El and I spend the rest of the night together, eating potstickers and talking.

"So, tell me about the future," I say, interested.

"What do you want to know?"

"Everything," I smile. He takes a deep breath before he starts talking.

"A while after I took off in the pod there was a wormhole of some sort. I went through it and I guess I was in the 31st century. I landed on Earth and I couldn't breathe when I was taken out of the pod. Somebody came up to me and gave me a cure. I guess they knew what was causing my reaction. The held me in the med bay for about a week before they started to continuously question me. I told them everything. From Daxam, being here, and even about you.

I was then introduced to Imra Ardeen. She was the daughter of the highest ranking official on Titan. Just like Krypton and Daxam, Titan and Earth were not on best terms. They knew I was from Earth originally so they didn't keep me captive there but they did keep an eye on me, knowing that I had powers. They needed a way to bring Titan and Earth together and they decided that I would marry Imra and broker peace between the two planets.

Before I left, I promised you that I would try and be the man you thought I could be, so that's what I did. I agreed to the marriage and only weeks after, I was married. We were never more than friends, Kara, I promise you that. I could never bring myself to be with any other woman.

For years, even after I created the Legion, I tried to find a disruption to get back to the 21st century but it would never work. Our latest mission brought us here. Brainy and Imra had figured it out but never told me, thinking I would want to stay here and not return to the future, which is true. They lied about the mission entirely and that's how I got here.

Kara, all of this, I didn't want it to happen like this. I want you to know that I never stopped trying, despite what Imra said to you when we first got here."

I look at Mon-El and slightly smile. "I'm so happy you're back."

"I am too," he puts his hands around my waist and brings me closer to him. I smile up at him while we just stand still, staring into each other's eyes.

"I'm sorry for everything I put you through, Kara," he says.

"I thought we made a promise, no more apologies," I smile at him and lean in for a kiss.