t w e l v e | k a r a

Mon-El gets out of the helicopter first, followed by my twin and myself. "Follow me and I'll show you where you're gonna stay," I smile, not wanting to frighten her.

She nods and follows without hesitation.

I take her to one of the containment cells. The same one where we put Mon-El when he first came to Earth.

"Don't worry, you won't be in here long. Only until we figure out a few things about you. I don't want you to think you're a prisoner."

"Okay. This is very nice, thank you," she says. I'm stunned by her response. How could she possibly find a cell nice?

"You're welcome," I say.

I walk out without looking back.

"So, Alex, weird. My twin said that she liked the cell. It makes me wonder how she was living in Siberia."

"Kara, don't worry, she's not there anymore. And, Kara, is there something else you should be telling me?" Her eyebrows are raised, making me wonder what I have yet to tell her.

"Oh!" I exclaim.

"There it is," Alex rolls her eyes.

"I ran into Maggie."

"And why didn't you tell me?" She questions.

"Alex, can you blame me? We've been swamped with work lately, my twin and everything. How did you come to know?"

"She called me," she says.

"She did? What did she say?" I wonder if Maggie decided to take my advice.

"She told me that she loves me. And that if me wanting a child is what it takes, that she'll do it."

"Oh, Alex that's so great, I'm so happy for you,"I smile and hug her.

"I'm not finished, Kara. I told her that I don't just want her to be with me if she's not fully committed. I don't want her to think that she has to raise a child to be with me. It's not fair to her, it's not fair to me and it won't be fair to the baby. I want the baby to feel loved by both of its parents, Kara."

"So, you're not back together?"

"No, not yet. We're talking through everything but I don't think it's gonna work unless both of us are ready. I'm not blaming Maggie but if she's not ready, I don't want to be in a relationship where we're half in."

"I'm sorry, I should have told you earlier. I-"

"Kara, it's okay. I'm not mad at you. But enough about me, how are you, how is everything going with Mon-El?"

"Good," I smile. "Really good. We're really happy," I say. "We're re-building our relationship and it's going really well. He worked everything out with Imra. I just wish we hadn't lost all this time."

"It'll get easier, Kara. You and Mon-El are soulmates. No matter what comes between you, you'll get through it," she smiles at me reassuringly.

"Thanks, Alex. I love you," I hug her.

"Love you too, Kara."