01 | THE CARD

It was twelve noon in the New York Sanctum

It was twelve noon in the New York Sanctum. Freya sat in her room, catching up on some reading. While sitting with her legs crisscrossed, she closed her eyes and levitated slowly. A necklace sat in front of her. She concentrated the spell she just read on the necklace.

"Freya!"

Calling from downstairs was Doctor Stephen Strange. Strange took Freya in a few months after taking responsibility for the New York Sanctum. After all, it was going to take more than just him and Wong to control the place.

Freya ignored him, chanting the magical instructions under her breath. She felt a successful aura developing as the spell unfolded. However, her focus was lost when she fell on the ground.

Her eyes snapped open. She rubbed her lower back in pain. Strange teleported her to the kitchen where he was. He was making a sandwich.

"BLT," he stated, not even looking at her. "You want one?"

Freya rolled her eyes and dusted herself off of the ground. "No thanks."

"Suit yourself." He brought his sandwich over to the table and began eating. With the flick of his wrist, Freya sat next to him. She propped her head up on her hand. "No elbows on the table."

Freya groaned, moving her arms. "Did you really bring me here for a sandwich? I could've made one myself." When he didn't reply, she kept talking. She moved her hands gracefully, pouring Strange a glass of water without getting up. "I was just about to master object teleportation, and you drag me out. Now I have to get up and bring that water over instead of just making it appear on the table."

"Incorrect." He wiped the corners of his mouth with a napkin. "Sit down, and bring it over. Concentrate. Don't give up."

Freya plopped back down on the stool, puffing the air out of her cheeks. She closed her eyes and began muttering the chant from earlier under her breath. Her hands moved in swift, majestic movements. She felt Strange tap her shoulder.

Her eyes shot open, looking at the glass in front of her. She smiled at him. "I did it!"

"Good," he smiled. "Now try delivering this." He handed her a card.

— 177A Bleecker St —

"Our address?" She asked. "To whom?"

"Thor Odinson and Loki Laufeyson."

"They're not even on Earth!"

"Yes they are. Now, you're going to trade Loki out for the card, alright?" He took another bite of his sandwich.

"Why can't Wong do it?"

"Wong's buying food."

"Damn it, Wong."

"Go on," he persisted. "Do it."

Freya concentrated on the card that rested on the table. She took her hands and moved them in circular motions. A portal appeared and swallowed the card.

"Did I do it?"

"Well you were supposed to bring Loki here, but I can take care of that. I believe the card got to Thor, however."

"Neat."

"Now clean up a little, Freya." He put his plate in the sink. "We're about to have visitors."

god i cant wait for freya + thor bickering