06 | THE SCRAPPER

Loki fell first

Loki fell first. Then Freya followed, landing on top of the puny god. Loki grunted and stayed on the ground, smushed like a roach. Freya groaned then stood up shakily, rubbing her back.

Loki flipped over so that he was now on his stomach. "Well?"

"What?" Freya replied.

"Are you going to help me up?"

"No."

Loki rolled his eyes, then began picking himself off of the ground. He looked Freya dead in the eye. "Screw you, wizard." Freya scoffed at him. Loki looked around. "Where the Hel are we?"

It was nighttime wherever they were. However, it wasn't dark. The sky was lit by different colors of light that radiated from sorts of holes. From the holes fell debris, trash, and random sorts objects. When they looked to the North, there a silhouette of a city. It was as if they were in some sort of dump.

"Can you 'boom boom woosh' us out of here?" Loki asked, making a little jazz hands motion.

"I can try." Freya clicked her wrists together twice and pulled her arms apart. Her sling rings activated, then flickered. "No, no, no." They powered down.

"What's happening?"

"We're going to that city," Freya groaned. "It's not working. I'm too weak."

Loki looked at her leg. "You're bleeding, Freya!" She looked at the cut on her leg. Hela probably cut her right before they got thrown out of the Bifrost. "We need to get you there fast." He took her jacket off of her and wrapped it around her leg.

Freya agrees with him. She puts her other hand over her cut, and her arm over Loki's shoulder. He begins walking, and Freya walks next to him. The two walk towards the city, Loki whistling a little tune.

Suddenly, they hear rustling behind them. Loki turns around. He has one hand on the small of Freya's back, and another on a dagger. The rustling gets louder, signaling that they weren't alone.

"Show yourself!" Loki yells.

A figure steps out of the dark, stumbling a little. Loki stands in front of Freya. He has his dagger in his hand.

"Stand down. I've been sent from the Grandmaster. I'm here to help you and your friend." Her face was barely visible, but it was obviously a girl. She had an English accent.

"Why should we trust you?" Loki asked.

"Do you want to save her or not?"

Loki looked at Freya. She looked up at him. Then she looked at the girl. "We'll go with you."

"My ship's a few feet over that way."

They followed her. Loki still had his hand on his blade. The lights of the vehicle allowed them to see the girl. She was beautiful. Her hair was in a long braid. She wore dark leather armor, and had a knife in her pocket. The girl went to the other side of Freya and helped Loki lift her to a chair.

She took out a bottle of alcohol and handed it to Freya. "For the cut," she insisted.

Freya took the bottle and began chugging it. "That's nice," she sighed.

"Right?" The girl replied.

"You were supposed to put it on the cut to clean it," Loki face palmed. "You Midgardian moron."

Freya ignored him. "Who are you?" She asked the girl.

"I'm Brunnhilde, Scrapper 142. We'll be at the city shortly."

"Thank you."

this was ugly im sorry,, , i love loki