04 | THE FATHER

Freya looked around

Freya looked around. She saw green fields and no signs of civilization nearby. "I don't remember seeing this in SKAM." The gods shot her a look.

The three were on a grassy cliff that overlooked the ocean. The sky was a blinding blueish grey with clouds scattered around. The only sounds were the waves crashing and seagulls squawking. It was a little colder than New York, the wind was blowing a little more and sent chills through their bodies.

Loki dusted himself off of the ground. "That Harry Potter wannabe owes me a new suit."

"You mean funeral attire?" Freya joked. "As if anyone you know is gonna die any time soon."

"Where's father?" Thor asked.

"On that rock by the water." Freya pointed with her sword. "I thought you noticed."

"Father?" Thor called out.

The three made their way by the water. Odin sat staring at the pale view. There was a slight wind chill. Thor and Loki sat on each of Odin's sides while Freya stood a few feet behind the family.

"Look at this place," Odin sighed. "It's beautiful." He didn't look away from the ocean.

"Father it's us," Thor replied, trying to capture his attention.

"My sons," he addressed, catching Loki off guard. "I've been waiting for you."

Thor spoke again. "I know. We've come to take you home."

At that moment, Freya began zoning out. She continued opening and closing sling ring portals to different places. When she opened one to the New York Sanctum, Strange was reading a book with his middle finger up to her. He swished his hands around and the portal closed.

"Well that was rude," she muttered.

"The Goddess of Death. Hela. My first born. Your sister." Odin was still talking, and this specifically caught Freya's attention.

"What?" Thor asked in disbelief. Loki's eyes were wide.

Odin sighed. "Her violent appetites grew beyond my control. I couldn't stop her, so I imprisoned her — locked her away. She draws her strength from Asgard, and once she gets there, her powers will be limitless."

"Whatever she is, we can stop her. We can face her together," Thor optimized.

"No we won't," Odin shook his head, taking Thor's hand in his. "I'm on a different path now. This you must face alone."

"Hold on," Freya started. "Why are you just telling them this now? Asgard is totally going to get wrecked now, old man."

"I remember you," Odin sighed. "Your banishment is lifted, and if you make it back to Asgard, your memories will be restored."

"I beg your pardon?" Freya asked.

Odin ignored her. "Look at that," he said. The sun rays were streaming down upon the ocean. "Remember this place," Odin paused. "Home."

That was the last thing Odin said before he began turning into stardust. His golden particles floated out towards the ocean and twinkled until they were out of eyesight. The three sat on the rock in silence. Freya was confused as to what Odin meant about banishment while Loki and Thor mourned for their father.

"Brother," Loki started.

Thor faced him. "This was your doing!" Electricity began crackling at his hands.

Freya's eyes widened. "Calm down, buckaroo. Now, do any of you know what he was talking about?"

"No," Thor growled. "But if there is one thing I'm certain about, it's that we need to get back to As–"

well i havent updated in forever hi how are ya nice to meet ya im chrissy if you forgot

thanks for 1k reads im pretty sleep deprived and its almost 1 am and Izzywizzy567 was just listening to me freak out about updates again love u bitttt

uh this chapter and the next are gonna be a lil ugly, more dark cus uh odin dies and hela comes in but the chapter after the next (6) is gonna be neat i think

yall probably dont read this omg ill shut up goodnight imma sleep hehe <3

(sorry im going mentally insane)