02 | THE GOD OF THUNDER

There was a hard knock at the door

There was a hard knock at the door. Freya was coming from her room and made her way down the stairs. Doctor Strange was reorganizing the artifact room.

The knocks grew persistent. "Freya! The door!" He yelled.

"I'm taking my time!"

She groaned and with the flick of her wrist, a blonde man holding an umbrella was in the building. Freya continued down the stairs and took off her hood. He looked up at her.

"Who are you?" He asked with a demanding tone. He held the umbrella up to her.

Without flinching she scoffed, recognizing him as Thor, Norse god of thunder. "The Doctor will see you now."

"The Doctor?"

Freya put her hand on the umbrella and she brought them to the artifact room where Strange was levitating by the window. The man looked confused, and grabbed onto Freya for balance. However, when he did, he shriveled. He let go before she realized the look on his face.

"Here, Strange. He tried threatening me with an umbrella."

"It's not an umb–"

"Thank you. You're dismissed."

Freya went to the library, looking for another book of magical tricks. Her eyes wandered and found a book titled Mystical Forces of Attraction. She skimmed the book and automatically shut it.

"Gross!" She yelped. Freya closed her eyes, trying to erase the images of naked bodies from her mind. She shoved the book deep into the shelf and walked away.

From upstairs, she heard thumping. "Strange!" She yelled. Books were falling all around her. "You're shaking the whole Sanctum!"

Freya swished her fingers and rearranged the books one by one. One book, however, caught her eye. It was titled Reappearance: People and Places Lost in Portals.

"Well that's convenient."

She opened the book, flipping to the chapter titled Lost People. Her eyes scanned for the subtitle "Trade".

RETRIEVING PEOPLE
When you fail to trade a person for an item, they may end up in a portal. To get them back, focus on their name, open a blank portal, stick your hand in, and pull them out. Repeat if unsuccessful.

"Sounds simple enough," she sighed.

Freya repeated the name in her head over and over. Loki Laufeyson, Loki Laufeyson, Loki Laufeyson. She moved her arms in a large circular motion. The red and orange sparks began appearing, and a minute later, a black hole formed.

Freya stuck her arm into the portal. "Loki!" She yelled. "Take my hand!"

A hand grasped hers and she pulled him out quickly. He landed on the floor with a thud. The god looked up at her and groaned. He stood up, took out his knife, and pointed it at her.

"Who are you?"

hizzukkkkkkkk im in south carolina rn so i only have time to write before i sleep yikes sorry